7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 8:22 AM by ipWitan

When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?

jpharr24

It seems Acrobat Pro XI recently updated and now when I chose to send for signature via echo sign, it just ships the doc off to the recipient willy-nilly with out asking what other fields I may want input, where I may want to sign myself (upon first getting a signature from the other party).  I can of course open the Echo Sign page in my browser, then upload the document, then do all of this, but Acrobat was uploading to Echo Sign and allowing me to skip a few steps.  Are there some preferences I can adjust to change the behavior back to the procedure that was in place previously?

• 1. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
          Allta Media Adobe Community Professional

It looks like they adjusted the location of preview and position to a checkbox next to the send button.

position.jpg

• 2. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
            jpharr24 Level 1

I may have not worded that correctly.  I understand that I can go to EchoSign.com and sign in then upload a doc I'd like to send for signature.  What was nice about Acrobat Pro XI is that once upon a time I could click "send for signature" and it would automatically sign me into EchoSign and upload the doc, basically getting me to that screen you posted above.  It did all of this very easily with one mouse click.

Now when I click "send for signature" it opens up a dialogue box with no additional options and just sends out the doc for them to sign and just randomly assigns a location on the page for the recipient to do that and it gives me no option for me to sign after the recipient, basically forcing me to sign then send.  Here is a example of what I mean:

Capture.PNG

• 3. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
              ipWitan

Same problem as above.  I am glad I am not the only one who is very annoyed.  LoriAUC is correct that a while ago they changed the layout so you have to click that little box next to the "send" button before inserting the fields; but this is something different.  Now, as explained above, if I want to send to others it opens this other box instead (see above).  And if you fill it in, it sends the document to the recipient without giving you the ability to insert the signature fields or signing yourself as part of a chain.  That completely defeats the purpose of this system.

If I have to first save the pdf first, then find and drag that document (or upload) to echosign (after I then load up echosign), I have created at least 3 extra steps.  I specifically bought 2014 so this would happen automatically.  Otherwise, 2014 didn't do anything different than 2011.

On a side note, if echosign allowed me to drag a .pdf attachment from Outlook, then that could work too, but it doesn't.  Quite annoying, frankly.  I cannot find a release note that talks about this change, nor an acknowledgement of this change.  Poor, really.

David

• 4. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
                ipWitan Level 1

The above noted problems remain.

And to add to it, there also seems a problem with having a pdf and then, in acrobat, allowing one to sign the document first via in echosign before it is delivered to someone else, in echosign, where all parties have a paid echosign account.  There doesn't seem to be a way to sign via echosign in acrobat.  Acrobat will route a document to a echosign like system, but it is NOT the full featured system that one sees with an echosign account.  It is as if the two services are completely unrelated.

One solution is to save the pdf to desktop.  Then, open the web browser and echosign.  Then drag the file from the desktop into echosign, and go from there.  The drag feature works really well, except you cannot drag a pdf file is an attachment to an email into echosign, as that is not supported.  You must first drag it to the desktop, then drag into echosign.

While this solves the problem this is NOT integrating Echosign with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, as advertised, and it is no different from any other version of Adobe.  Thus, if you are like me and considering buying the latest version of Adobe Pro for use with Echosign, don't as it is a waste of money.  I will update when this issue is fixed.

BTW - support in Echosign says that it has no influence over how Adobe Acrobat implements Echosign and directed me to contact Acrobat.  The problem, of course, is that it did work well, then Acrobat changed it without notice, doesn't appear willing or able to fix it, explain a workaround, or otherwise acknowledge that a change was made.  This is not a cheap product and the incremental improvements for a mature product do not seem to implemented well.

DAG

• 5. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
                  ruchi_agrawal_adobe_2012 Adobe Employee

Hi,

For Adobe Reader and Acrobat, Right hand Sign Pane>Get Others to Sign>Send for Signature, shows the "Add form fields" link in the inapp Echosign webview which on clicking uploads the open document to the Echosign website and gives you the ability to add additional fields in the document.

Add form fields.jpg

Thanks,

Ruchi

• 6. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
                    ipWitan Level 1

Thank you for the comment, but I am not entirely sure it is accurate or solves the problem.  First, you are referring to Adobe Acrobat Reader (presumably XI).  When I try this, I get this window.Capture adobe.JPG

Hitting proceed causes the box to close, but nothing happens.  To clarify, I am signed in to EchoSign via a browser and also signed in to the Adobe page.  These have separate ids and cannot be consolidated, as far as I know.  Echosign account was created BEFORE Adobe required a sign-in for the Pro suite.  I do not know how to sign in to Reader, apart from the above.  Thus, using Reader, it still does not function.

Use Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.08), hitting the Send for Signature box does NOT open anything.  Is it possible some kind of script is being blocked?  I do have scripts that try to block instant on videos, but a sound and/or placeholder occurs when something is blocked.  Nothing happens here.  The setting is set to "ask before showing" not block outright.  Adobe flash was just updated this morning to (with reboot) so everything should be up-to-date.

In the end, I remain very curious about how to get this function to work.

• 7. Re: When clicking "Send for Signature" how do I get it to open in EchoSign first so I can place signature fields?
                      ipWitan Level 1

For what its worth, I have an Adobe account and an Echosign account, all using the same email address and password.  However, when in the Adobe account and looking at "my products" and "my subscriptions and services", EchoSign is not listed.  Acrobat Pro XI is listed, however.