1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2014 10:14 PM by pwillener

Changes in Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager are not stored

grauemaus

Flash Player installs fine. Lastest version: 13.0.0.214

Windows 7.

Problem is seen with Firefox, Waterfox, Palemoon and Internet Explorer (64-bit).

Actually, the problem is probably not related to the browser.

Problem: websites that use the Flash Player to play videos do not retain changes in the volume.

Upon inspection, it seems that:

1) The amount of storage allowed for websites is set to 0.

2) When trying to change this setting, it seems impossible to change the setting.

I use this webpage:

https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

The second tab is called "global storage settings panel".

The amount of diskspace allowed is set to "None".

When I move the slider, I can move the slider.

When I click another tab, and then click the storage settings panel again, the value is reset to "None" again.

This also happens why I try to change the notification settings, or any other setting in one of those tabs.

The changes just don't seem to stick.

I have uninstalled Flash Player, and re-installed it. Didn't solve the problem.

I've done the same with Flash Player for Internet Explorer, and tested that. No difference. The changes still do not stick.

I have uninstalled the Flash Player(s).

I then deleted the %appdata%\Adobe and %appdata\MacroMedia folders.

I then reinstalled the Flash Player. No success.

I have used the windows-control-panel "Flash Player (32-bit)".

The name confuses me a little, because my OS (Win7) is 64-bit. And most of my browsers (Palemoon, Waterfox and IE-64bit) are all 64-bit.

Testing with the settings in the control panel does not solve the problem.

I have ran the reset_fp11.bat script, which uses the subinacl tool to fix file permissions.

Taken from this page: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370

This did not solve the problem.

My user account has administrator privileges.

I even downloaded the full file: install_flash_player_13_plugin.exe (17.1MB), so I could started it with "Run as administrator".

Didn't make a difference.

My question: where are those settings stored ?

What could be wrong with my setup ?

How can I fix the problem. How can I troubleshoot. How can I gather more information.

Thanks in advance,

Henk.

• 1. Re: Changes in Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager are not stored
          pwillener Level 8

grauemaus wrote:

I have used the windows-control-panel "Flash Player (32-bit)".

This is the Flash Player Settings Manager.  Because that is a 32-bit applet, Windows adds that confusing "(32-bit)" to the name.  Ignore it.

The settings are stored in various files in

• %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
          • %appdata\Macromedia\Flash Player

Deleting these two folders should normally fix the problem, but obviously it did not in your case.

Actually you have done just about everything I can think of.  My best hope is that someone from the Flash Player team will have a look at this topic.