7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 6:21 AM by Janet S

Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?

joshuafranzos

I frequently send hundreds of jpegs through SendNow. It seems there's a cap on the number of files that can be send using Adobe Send? What is the best way to send numerous files with Adobe Send?

• 1. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
          Val Tudor Level 1

I have the same question...That limit is very restrictive!!

• 2. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
            Janet S Level 1

What a pain!  I am going to have to look for another large file program if they don't work out these kinks.

• 3. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
              Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated. At the moment, it's possible to send and make available for preview up to 50 files at once. As we looked at the way people were using SendNow, we realized that most people wouldn't be impacted by this limit, so we decided to allow for previewing all sent files - thus the 50-file cap. That said, I realize that there are others (yourselves included!) who would like to use the service to send more than 50 files at once, with or without file preview capabilities. We'd be happy to talk through this particular issue with you; I'd recommend either replying to this thread with your particular use case (how do you use Adobe Send? How many files do you typically need to share per transaction?), and then the Adobe Send team can use that information as we make feature decisions moving forward.

In the meantime, if you want to send more than 50 files per transaction, you can always try zipping up some or all of the files and sending them, effectively, in batches. For instance, if you have 500 files to send at once, you can zip them up 10 (or 100) at a time, and then use Adobe Send to share the resulting 50 (or 5) files. Please note that the ZIP files can't be previewed by your recipients, and that tracking information will pertain only to the full ZIP file.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on this front! Again, I'm sorry that you feel limited, and would like you to know that we're actively discussing this topic with the Adobe Send team.

Best,
              Rebecca

• 4. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
                Val Tudor Level 1

Hi Rebecca,

For our firm sending more than 50 documents at a time is actually a requirement. Zipping of files is not something we want to do.

I hope this restriction can be removed as it would be a deal breaker for us... At this time, for some reason sending files from Adobe SendNow does not work anymore and we see ourselves using the free Box more and more...

Looking forward for a quick resolve on this.

• 5. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
                  Janet S Level 1

H Rebecca,

There are a couple of other issues along with the limit of files.  (1) Adobe Send seems to randomly re-arrange the photos being sent.  It is very important to me that the exact file order be maintained.  (2) Adobe Send does not hold or remember the email address.  My client list is existing and therefore files are sent to the same recipient over and over.  Adobe Send Now did remember the email addresses so this must be an easy fix.  I hope you reconsider the file size restriction as well.

Screen Shot on delivered files:  Definitely random re-order of files

SubjectHeritage Ln _ Proof Sheet
                  FilesProof Sheet-4 (4).jpg
                  Proof Sheet-3 (L1uCYPe8QcCqsCnAowZc0Q).jpg
                  Proof Sheet-1 (HbkQxQz3SvyYIOMt0oCq-g).jpg
                  Proof Sheet-2 (O6OsJRN6SamKBf-KAfNFaw).jpg

I asked a patient client to trouble shoot with me and this is the result.  Not good.

My Question:  Final question I promise.  Did they come over in the number order or did it re-order them random?

Client Response:  The sequence is random; 13, 6, 24, 31, etc.

• 6. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
                    joshuafranzos Level 1

Rebecca,

Thanks for your response. Zipping files is less than ideal. I would prefer not to do that... The ability to preview is nice, but not required. My clients will always "download all". SendNow worked fine. Perhaps you can have an option to turn off previews for sending more than 50 files?

I agree with Janet about remembering email addresses. That was very convenient in SendNow and would be equally convenient in Adobe Send.

Thank you.

• 7. Re: Is there any way around the limit of 50 files in Adobe Send?
                      Janet S Level 1

Yes, the preview is not necessary for my clients either and it is kind of confusing too as it combines other files that have been sent to the same sender on the same day.