• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email personalization does not work with no first name

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Business Catalyst, if you insert the tag { tag_recipientfirstname}, the tooltip on this feature advises that "First name of the recipient (replaces with 'Friend' if first name is empty)".

This is false advertising.

It does not replace with 'Friend', it just leaves it blank.

Obviously, this is a major problem when trying to send out personalized emails, and doesn't help us make the case for a client to use Business Catalyst instead of MailChimp, iContact, or any of dozens of other email tools that reliably provide this simple, simple feature.

When can we expect this simple, basic feature to function as advertised?

TOPICS
Email marketing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I use this many times and works just fine.

Have you checked the CRM entries for that? Do they have a first name in the CRM entered? If not then this is your problem.

Also probably just something you did on the forums but { tag_recipientfirstname} - You have that in the email layouts without a space correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We have just raised this issue via Live Chat and they have identified this as a bug.

This was there response.

"I have investigated this issue further and this is something I can replicate. As you have mentioned, both {tag_recipientfirstname} and {tag_recipientname} should render 'Friend' if the associated information is missing from the contact's CRM, however it is not at this stage. 

Therefore what I have done here is submitted this issue as a Bug. For your reference, the bug ID # is 3799812.

Please refer to our blog closely where out development team announce bug fixes such as this with each release: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/bc-blog."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines