1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2014 4:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Cannot load media from organizer into premiere elements 9.0

drekke

I have spent the majority of the day trying to load media into a new project in premiere elements to edit the video. When I select the video and click edit in premiere elements, premiere opens but no media is available. It never loads the videos. I can review the videos including sound in elements organizer. I have a Canon Vixia HFS10, the file types were loaded directly to the harddrive of the computer as .mts. I have changed the presets for the type and that doesnt seem to help. I have updated premiere 9.0, disabled security, updated windows (vista).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

De

• 1. Re: Cannot load media from organizer into premiere elements 9.0
          A.T. Romano Level 7

De

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit?)

Let us try the following before we get into an extensive exchange of problem details.

Your Elements Organizer 9 .mts video that you are trying to import as media into a Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project is only a thumbnail that traces back to the source video which exists saved to a computer hard drive location.

What happens if you open a new project (with project preset set to match the properties of this particular video) and import this .mts video from the hard drive save location into the new project with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1's Get Media/Files and Folders? Does the video import into the project?

As an aside, do you have any other versions of Premiere Elements installed on your computer besides Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1? Also, is this a "it worked before, but now" or "it never worked before" problem?

We will be watching for your follow up results.

Thank you.

ATR