0 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 3:59 PM by agentirons

Erase 'Last Stroke Only' Is Not Working Correctly

agentirons Level 1

I'm trying out After Effects CC having been working in CS 5.5, and finding that my normal workflow is not working out. I would like to use the clone stamp tool to create a stroke, then use the erase tool with the 'last stroke only' option in order to refine the clone stroke. However, in CC when I use the erase tool for this, the image does not update in the comp viewer, and using undo does not get rid of the erase in the layer window. If I press undo a second time, the whole clone stroke deletes. If I change the preview resolution of the comp viewer then the erase appears in the comp window. If I don't change the resolution but simply advance the timeline cursor by a frame then the erase appears as it should for however long the clone stroke lasts, but refuses to appear on the first frame it was created in. Is all of this a bug or something about the 'last stroke only' option that has changed since CS 5.5?

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 3.56.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-20 at 3.57.14 PM.png

First image shows how the erased line does not appear in the comp viewer. Second image shows frame 2 where it does suddenly appear.

Using an iMac, OS X 10.8.5, 8gb ram.