18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 11:10 AM by greule

Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update

rec-52 Level 1

The 1.6 update to the Adobe Photoshop touch app has fixed the crashing issue when trying to sync with the creative cloud.  However, for me all is still not well. After I have worked on a pre-existing file in the Photoshop touch app and synced with the creative cloud, I get an explanation point to the left of the file name and not a check. The blue line goes across the file and it says that the sync is complete in the drop-down menu.  When you check the file in the creative cloud it hasn't synced. In order to get the change made to the file saved to the creative cloud, I have to rename the file. Is this the way the syncing is intended to work after this update? Am I really suppose to rename the file every time I make a change and want to sync to the creative cloud? Am I really supposed to have to archive and then delete the previous files that did not reflect the change in the creative cloud? Would someone from Adobe please respond?

• 1. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I've had sync hiccups and weird things happen here and there but not like your problem; usually if I just walk away for a little bit CC eventually syncs with PS Touch.

What tablet make and model are you using?

• 2. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
            rec-52 Level 1

I'm using an iPad Air with 128 gigs and using iOS 7.1.1.

• 3. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
              rec-52 Level 1

Hello is anyone from Adobe out there? Is anyone from Adobe monitoring the forum? The 1.6 update has stopped the app from crashing when you were trying the sync function to the creative cloud.

However, the sync function is not working as it did in the past. If you make a change in an already existing file in the Photoshop touch app and save it, the sync to the creative cloud results in an explanation point instead of a check to the left of the filename. Toggling the sync button on and off doesn't change the exclamation point to a check. The blue line goes across the file as it normally would when syncing but the explanation point remains. As a result, the changed file is not being synced with the creative cloud.

I am not sure of the exact amount of time it takes, I am guessing about 24 hours. After about 24 hours when you do a sync, the file that had the explanation point to the left of it does change to a checkmark. However, you now have two files. One that reflects the change and has the word conflicted now added to the file name. As well as a file with the same name that doesn't reflect the change and no conflicted added to its file name.

For me at least the sync function no longer causes the Photoshop touch app to crash. However, the 1.6 update also doesn't sync properly to the creative cloud.

Making a change to a file in the Photoshop touch app and trying to sync it shouldn't result in the file not being synced or in a conflicted file. Could someone please help me in regard to this issue.

• 4. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                Blackbird31

I am glad the app is not crashing but I am also having problems making sense of the Creative Cloud functionality. For me the only thing it's "creating" is frustration! (I'm using an iPad 4 with 64GB capacity iOS 7.1.1 and an iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1).

I'm not sure where to start but the synchronisation seems unpredictable and erratic. When I create a file on my iPad it is hit or miss whether it will save to the cloud. If I then reedit that file and it does happen to save to the cloud (it is unpredictable whether it will or wont!) then I find that there are duplicates in the cloud. Furthermore these duplicate may then later reload to the iPad at a later opportunity, and so it goes on!

If I delete a file on the iPad should it not delete (or "archive" it if that's the correct terminology) the file in the cloud? It does not.

In one case I created a file and it was saved as a blank (0B filesize), "untitled.psdx" that could not be deleted from the iPad. I had to log into the creative cloud on the web to delete it there.

It's great that the app does not crash anymore, but the whole Creative Cloud thing still just seems like a TOTAL MESS at the moment!

• 5. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                  rec-52 Level 1

I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in the wilderness of the creative cloud. Before the crashing problem which happened for me on March 28, the syncing of my files on the Adobe Photoshop touch app to the creative cloud worked fine. My experience in the past was if you deleted a file from your Photoshop touch app it went into the archive section of the creative cloud. That no longer seems to be the way it is working. You are experiencing most of the same things that I have encountered since the update. Too bad that Adobe doesn't know the meaning of customer support. The idea that the only vague hope of help is through a forum is very unsatisfactory for me.

• 6. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We are looking into it.

Regards,

Ignacio

• 7. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                      rec-52 Level 1

Do you know any more since looking into these issues?

• 8. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

All I know is that It's being investigated at the moment.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 9. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                          rec-52 Level 1

The most recent update of 1.6.1 has still not resolved the issues that I described in my original post. If you work on a pre-existing file and make a change, you end up with it not being saved to the creative cloud and an explanation point to the left of the filename or an additional file gets saved with the word conflicted added to the title. When you delete a file from your Photoshop touch app it still does not go to the archive in your creative cloud account.

These are major problems with regard to trying to use the Photoshop touch app with your creative cloud account. I am extremely disappointed that Adobe has not addressed these issues in this most recent update. I am utterly frustrated that Adobe has not responded to my post with anything more than we are looking into it. So I continue to pay for a service that does not work.

• 10. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                            Blackbird31 Level 1

Yep same here. I've had partial success with my iPad, but my iPhone refuses to update or save to the cloud. So when I work between my PC, iPad and iPhone things are rapidly going to get messed up again.

It's pretty shoddy isn't it?! Google drive, Dropbox etc all manage to get it right and they're a damn sight cheaper. What's happening Adobe? Are you actually testing these updates or just patching holes in a rusty bucket and letting us test it for you?

• 11. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                              Blackbird31 Level 1

Apologies for the tone of my last post, but I'm frustrated by this whole Creative Cloud synchronisation problem.

• 12. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                rec-52 Level 1

Please don't apologize on my account. I understand your feelings perfectly. Before the problem started with the crashing, my experience with the syncing of files to the creative cloud was a fantastic one. So when the update to fix the crashing arrived I couldn't believe that they had now created an entirely different problem. This inability to sync with the creative cloud without getting multiple files,etc as well as deleted items not going to the archive is a major problem. Your description of files reloading is also one that I've experienced.

Another major frustration is the sense that this is a conversation that just you and I have are having. So please vent your frustrations all you want. It seems that for the most part that's all this forum is good for.

• 13. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                  Blackbird31 Level 1

You're right, we have a better chance that the NSA will respond to this problem! ;-)

• 14. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                    greule Adobe Employee

Please give it a try again with version 1.6.1. (Phone 1.2.1) Our cloud team just deployed a fix. -Guido

• 15. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                      rec-52 Level 1

I guess you failed to read my June 10 post above which refers to this most recent update of 1.6.1. I posted the comment here for continuity purposes. I wanted it to be very clear that the same issues that arrived in 1.6. have still not been addressed and 1.6.1.

Does anybody look at more than just the title but perhaps the date of the most recent post?

My post from above is as follows:

"The most recent update of 1.6.1 has still not resolved the issues that I described in my original post. If you work on a pre-existing file and make a change, you end up with it not being saved to the creative cloud and an explanation point to the left of the filename or an additional file gets saved with the word conflicted added to the title. When you delete a file from your Photoshop touch app it still does not go to the archive in your creative cloud account.

These are major problems with regard to trying to use the Photoshop touch app with your creative cloud account. I am extremely disappointed that Adobe has not addressed these issues in this most recent update. I am utterly frustrated that Adobe has not responded to my post with anything more than we are looking into it. So I continue to pay for a service that does not work."

• 16. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                        greule Adobe Employee

As I mentioned before. The fix for the "Explanation point issue"  was deployed to the Creative Cloud production environment yesterday. Therefore it's worth to give it a try again. But you are right the the archive problem was still not part of this deployment.

-

Guido

• 17. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                          rec-52 Level 1

When the update 1.6.1 became available on June 10 I started testing. I quickly discovered that my problems with the explanation point and the conflicted filenames were still there. I reported this problem again. When I got your request on June 11 to try again I did in fact start testing again. For the last two days I have been testing and the problem with the explanation point and the conflicted filenames seems to be resolved. This is a result for which I am very grateful.

However, the use of the creative cloud archive seems to have changed. I am not clear if this is a bug or a change in design. In the past when I deleted a file in the Photoshop touch app the file would be deleted from the app it would be deleted from the creative cloud and would appear in the creative cloud archive. Now when I delete a file in the Photoshop touch app the file is just gone; it is deleted from the Photoshop touch app the creative cloud and it does not appear in the creative cloud archive. Since the 1.6.1 update if I want to archive a file I need to go to my creative cloud account and direct creative cloud to archive the file. I would appreciate some clarification about how the archiving of files and the deleting of files is supposed to work now.

• 18. Re: Problems with creative cloud syncing after 1.6 update
                                            greule Adobe Employee

I logged the archive issue as an internal bug. I'll let you know as soon I have an update on this.

Thanks for reporting.

Guido