6 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 5:58 AM by Schuby

I like to Update Photoshop

Schuby

I like to update Photoshop SC5,but I always get the message some updates failed to install.Could you please help??

• 1. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

What operating system are you using?

Are you trying to update directly from the Help menu inside Photoshop?  If yes, then that is not a reliable method - especially regards Camera RAW.

But you need to open Photoshop and go Help > About Photoshop, and Help > Plugins > Camera RAW.

I think 12.0.4 is the most recent version CS5, and 6.7 the most recent version of Camera RAW.

If either is not up to date, download and install manually

Windows

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Mac

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Macintosh

Good luck finding the English versions, if that's what you are using.

• 2. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
            Schuby Level 1

Hi Trever

II¹m using Os 10.9.3 as a operating system.I have tried to do both from

photoshop help menu and also I went to adobe website and upload the update

from there but iI still get that error message.

Thanks Yvonne

• 3. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
              Schuby Level 1

I have Photoshop version12.Ox64

• 4. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

OK Yvonne

I don't know OSX, but I am aware that there have been a number of issues since Mavericks was introduced.  You'll find an FAQ covering that here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/mac-os-mavericks-compatability.html

I've just looked through that, and didn't see anything specific regards CS5 updates.

From what you say, you have downloaded the update file?

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Can you describe how the installation failed?  Did you restart the computer before running it, and with no Adobe apps running as background processes?

With Windows, Bridge CS5 used to run in the Status bar, and prevent updates.  You could either find it in via the Status bar pop-up and close it, or in Task Manager processes tab, and End Process.  Is there a Mac user out there who can advise how this might work with Mavericks?

Station, where are you buddy?

Yvonne, you definitely don't have the update installed if seeing 12.0 so any and all information as to what you have tried, any error messages, if just plain freezes, or what?  The more clues, the better chance of finding a solution.

There is an excellent list of trouble shooting steps here

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-mos t-issues.html

• 5. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
                  Schuby Level 1

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your replay.

I also have the same problem with my other computer with operation system OS 10.6.8.When I try to do an update it looks like it uploads some files and at the End just when it finish, a new window opens with a message Updates.some updates failed to install.

Also When I close Photoshop I get a window with this message..Could not save Preferences because the file is locked or you do not have the necessary access privileges.Use the Get Info command in the finder to unlock the file or change permissions on the file or enclosing folders.

To explain you exactly what I do

1. 1.when I upload an update from Adobe website. When I dopple click ,I get a message Adobe Patch Installer can’t be opened because is from an unidentified developer.It does with different updates.

I try 6,7 update

Photoshop CS5/Cs5.1 standart Multiplugin update

Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

and when I try to do an update thru help photoshop it com’s with an error message some updates failed to install.

Is very Tricky I don’t know what to do next.

Thanks Trevor hope you can help me with this.Thank you Yvonne

• 6. Re: I like to Update Photoshop
                    Schuby Level 1

Hi Trevor

I manage to update Photoshop to Version CS 12.0.4,Illustrator to 5.0.2 and 6.7 Adobe camera row and Adobe Extention Manager CS5.5.

I have find a link to open an app from an unidentified developer in going to the

1. finder,locate the app you want to open.2.press control key,then click app icon.3.choose open from the shortcut menu.4.click open.I have exactly done that and finally ,the updates worked.I have one more question I have Adobe Bridge CS5 4.00.525 can I update directly to

CS 4.5??Thank you so much for your help.

Regards Yvonne