3 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2014 2:00 AM by station_two RSS

Bridge Crashes

theking2 Community Member

I started bridge for the first time. It crashes everytime I use it.

How do I successfully run Bridge?

• 1. Re: Bridge Crashes
          station_two Community Member

Note that I am flying blind here as you haven't provided any sensible, meaningful and detailed information about your setup.

If you gave some sensible, complete and detailed information, someone may be able to help you, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop and of Bridge, machine specs, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, etc.

There are no clairvoyants or mind readers here.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Bridge Crashes
            theking2 Community Member

The abridged version:

1) Install Windows 8.0 and upgrade to Windows 8.1

2) install Adobe Creative Suite 6

3) click the Adobe Bridge button

==> Adobe Bridge Window opens and that closes with a "not responding" error message

• 3. Re: Bridge Crashes
              station_two Community Member

Well, your abridged version does me no good whatsoever.

I still don't know what exact version of Bridge or of CS6 you are running (such as CS6 13.0.6 in my case, for instance), whether this is a new problem or whether it has never worked for you, how much installed RAM you have, how much available hard drive space is left on your boot drive, whether Photoshop is forced to run its scratch file on that same boot drive, etc.

Good luck.  Since now I at least know you're on Windows, I'm out of here.