5 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2014 1:37 AM by Jin-Huang

Brush tool doesn't work

Alan9940

Just installed the latest version (1.6) and the hardness setting for the eraser brush doesn't seem to work. Going from 100% hard brush to 0% soft brush doesn't appear to change the edges of the line drawn. Will this be fixed soon?

• 1. Re: Brush tool doesn't work
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I noticed that the hardness changes are there but they're very subtle. It's more apparent when viewed at, say, 400%.

ON EDIT: Maybe because of our tablets? I'm using a Google Nexus 7 2013. (1920x1200 resolution; 323 ppi)

• 2. Re: Brush tool doesn't work
            Alan9940 Level 1

You may have something with that tablet type. I'm running on an iPad 2.

I played with it, again, and viewed at 400% per your suggestion. If I put my strongest reading glasses on, I can see a very slight difference but, as you said, it's subtle...VERY subtle!! I would prefer if the hardness of a brush in PST worked more like desktop PS. Many times I want a very soft edge for a brush stroke and these brushes don't IMO provide that edge. Btw, any idea what that small circle attached to the larger circle around the brush does? The other controls seem to control spacing and jitter, but I've moved that circle around the brush and I don't see anything happening. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Brush tool doesn't work
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

That's for brush direction. If you tap the icon in the upper right of that panel, there's a new host of brushes to use, including asymmetrical ones.

• 4. Re: Brush tool doesn't work
                Alan9940 Level 1

Ah, thank you. I did find the various brushes available via the upper right drop-down. Other than the fact that brush hardness/softness is not to my liking, I'm really enjoying the latest update.

• 5. Re: Brush tool doesn't work
                  Jin-Huang Adobe Employee

Thanks for the reporting! It'll be fixed soon.