2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 1:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Picture in picture media file limit?

davidgoliath4489

When using Premier Elements 12, how many picture-in-picture media files can I load into one video? Specifically, I am a comedian and I'd like to make videos in which I record myself 8-12 different times and combine them all in one video? Is there a limit?

Thank You!

• 1. Re: Picture in picture media file limit?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

While there might be a limit, I have never encountered one. I have used up to about 150 PiP Images, and maybe 50 Videos, with no issues.

Now, one could possibly run into issues with the computer's resources, but with a stout video-editing computer, there should be no issues with the 8 - 12 PiP's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Picture in picture media file limit?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

davidgoliath4489

As I recall, there are 99 video tracks in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace. So your 8 to 12 picture in picture effects do not appear to be a problem. Computer resources and pixel dimensions might complicate matters the larger the project.

What is your vision for this project....a background video on Video Track 1 and periodic picture in picture (on upper video tracks) presenting in the video as the Timeline duration proceeds or something else?

ATR