5 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 10:07 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Can you help with a tool bar problem?

ddvls

Please tell me how to remove camera icon/mask option that has appeared at bottom of my toolbar and recover the fill/stroke or no fill/no stroke options? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Can you help with a tool bar problem?
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

I think you are going to have to post a screen shot of your workspace.   It sounds like you are referring to the Options bar rather than the Tools panel.

Do you have a shape layer selected? Is there a layer mask on that shape layer, and is the mask selected rather than the layer contents?  All we can do is guess with the information provided so far.

It is also vital that you tell us what version of Photoshop you are using.

• 2. Re: Can you help with a tool bar problem?
            ddvls Level 1

Thank you for offering to help me! I can't figure out how to get out of the shape layer. Thank you D.D.Photoshop Screen shot.jpg

• 3. Re: Can you help with a tool bar problem?

You don't have any Shape layers in that document, so would see any Fill/Stroke options in the Options bar.

You are also in Quick mask mode, which will make all kinds of strange stuff happen if you are not aware of it.  Hit the q key to get out of it.

You can clean up your workspace by resetting it.  Click on Essentials (top right corner) and choose Reset Essentials.  You can also arrange your panels how you like, and save as a new workspace.  Resetting should make Photoshop fill your screen, but you can maximise via the Mac buttons top left otherwise.

• 4. Re: Can you help with a tool bar problem?
                ddvls Level 1

Hi Dennis - Thanks again but it still has the little camera at the end of the tools. I had done the q and it changes from edit in "quick mask mode" to "edit in standard mode"  It all started because I added a rectangle and wanted to have no fill, and wanted to change stroke of the rectangle frame. I did have a straight line shape layer and the options for stroke did not show up.

I used the Essentials in the right corner and the choice of full screen near the upper left so my workspace looks lovely but I still have that problem!

What's next? Thank you! D.D.

• 5. Re: Can you help with a tool bar problem?

You don't have any Shape layers, so you won't have any fill or stroke options.  If you had a rectangle and line layer, you have either deleted them, or caused them to be rasterized.  That would also remove any Fill and Stroke options from the Options bar.

The 'little camera' at the bottom of the Tool bar, is the Quick mask icon.  Clicking on it toggles between standard and Quick mask modes, like you said.  Clicking on it is exactly the same as hitting the q key.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Shape layers.

What you need to do now, is regroup.  What exactly are you trying to achieve, and what do you expect to see in your Workspace?  You will have noticed that your workspace is context sensitive.  It automatically changes according to what tools are selected, or what function you are using at any particular time.