10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 4:06 PM by jamesyoung

API for third party apps

lexa yo

Great product!!!

I could use it to importa psp in SIlex website builder (both open source and cloud based)

So my question is : is there an API??

• 1. Re: API for third party apps
          joan_lafferty Adobe Employee

Hi lexa,

At the moment, there is no API for Project Parfait. A good number of people have asked for this, so, it is something we are considering for the future. Thanks for letting us know you want it.

Joan

• 2. Re: API for third party apps
            brucebowman Employee Moderator

Thanks lexa yo.

If anyone else is interested in accessing an API for Parfait, please let us know by replying in this thread. Please include a brief summary of the types of uses you have in mind too.

If/when, we build the API and make it public, we may get in touch with you.

Thanks!

Bruce

Parfait product manager

• 3. Re: API for third party apps
              Jordan4jc

It would be really cool to be able to have each asset generated to automatically be able to upload to a dropbox or google drive folder so it is available with the power of the cloud when developing websites. I'm struggling to think of other great ways an API can help but I'm sure if ideas on what the API would allow us to do will spark some ideas on how to use it. But that's the one that comes to mind right away.

• 5. Re: API for third party apps

On the integration with Dropbox or Google Drive - I don't know if we'll be able to integrate with them or not. But, we're going to be integrating Parfait with Creative Cloud, which has it's own file store/sync/share service called Creative Cloud Files, or CC Files for short. CC Files already has sharing, commenting, versioning and sync features.

In the next few weeks, CC Files will be adding support Folder Sharing, which would allow you to invite others on your team to share the files you create in the shared folder. Parfait will save its assets into your shared folder, so those people that you invite will be able to access them too.

How does that workflow sound to you? Do you think it will meet your needs? 

Thanks,

Bruce

• 6. Re: API for third party apps
                  Jordan4jc Level 1

I always forget about that storage, I use it but we use dropbox at work. However, I think that seems like a great workflow, and it seems to make sense. Now only if I could get that folder to sync online, I think I can come up with something

• 7. Re: API for third party apps

Hi Jordan4jc,

I'm glad to hear you're open to it. Would you please try it out, and let me know how it goes? We're looking at those workflows, so having your input now would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 8. Re: API for third party apps
                      stormrender

+1 Yep. It would be awesome to access the functionality of Parfait via APIs that would output JSON for the automation

• 9. Re: API for third party apps

Hi stormrender,

We're in the early stages of building the API and determining its requirements, and actively looking for developers who are interested in using it. Would you please send me an email, at bbowman atadobe dotcom, that gives a brief summary of how you'd like to use the API?

Thanks!

Bruce

• 10. Re: API for third party apps
                          jamesyoung

brucebowman I would like to use Parfait to create a prototyping workflow that starts with PSD files. OAuth via dropbox and upload PSD. Server side nodejs script (hopefully the same Generator script) via a webhook is notified when a file has been dropped and slices layers and creates a JSON config file (x,y,width,height). This provides a high fidelity MVP.