1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2014 4:43 AM by Migintosh

Paragraphstyle advice help needed!

reksgwee

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 5.39.41 pm.png

Gurus, i will like to check how do i do the paragraph style for the above? I will like to have it bold for the name and unbold for the title, so that when I copy and paste the list of name and position in, it will auto format?

I have tried looking for videos and tutorials, but am unable to find what i want. Is it possible to do that in the first place?

Please help!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Paragraphstyle advice help needed!
          Migintosh Level 4

I'm assuming you want a running list of name/title/institution, so if that's wrong, some of what I say may not apply.

What you have is three lines, presumably with a line break after the name and another line break after the title. Most sources you would be copying from would treat that as three paragraphs with paragraph breaks as the line breaks. You could do it as a single paragraph by using Forced Line Breaks (aka "soft" returns) after the name and title, with a paragraph break after the last line. If that is the case, you can set up a Nested Style where the name will use a character style through 1 Forced Line Break. If you paste text that has forced line breaks, it will all format correctly, but if all of the line breaks are regular paragraph breaks, it will all format with the character style. You would then need to change some of the paragraph breaks to forced line breaks, but you can do that with find/change.

Another thing you could do if you have all paragraph breaks is to make three paragraph styles. The first will be the large bold, and the 2nd and 3rd will be the smaller Roman, but each the same. If you set the next style for 1 as 2, the next style for 2 as 3, and the next style for 3 as 1, you could select a running list and "apply 1 then next style" in one go.