4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 7:47 AM by Rebecca Staley

Adobe send now

I wont remember this

This used to be so much better, but now I really struggle with this.

1.     The default message "I have shared some files with you. Please click on the link to view and download them" so looks like SPAM/phishing/virus email.  If I got this message, I would automatically delete the email!

2.     Changing the default message is really difficult.  Its just a single line. No matter how many sentences etc... I keep trying to make it look like it IS NOT a SPAM/phishing/virus, by pressing enter at the end of a sentence.  But all this does is CANCEL the whole thing so I have to start again.

I waste sooooooooooooooo  much time just trying to send something securely and if I do it quickly (I thought that was the point of using it), it just looks like I am sending a SPAM/phishing/virus.

So now I am here winging about it in an attempt of someone who could doing something about it actually reading this.

Anyone any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe send now
          Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Adobe Send. It sounds like you're trying to send a personalized link to a file; as long as you have the "Personalized Link" box checked, you should be able to enter an email address and then edit the subject and text of the email to say whatever you like. Here's what that looks like:

Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 10.18.40 AM.png

Please note that sending personalized links requires a subscription to Adobe Send. If you don't have a subscription, you can still share documents, you just have to use the "Public Link" option. 

Let me know if you need any assistance here; I'm happy to help out however I can.

Best,

Rebecca

• 2. Re: Adobe send now
            I wont remember this Level 1

Hi Rebecca,

But editing does not work for me.  Everything just goes into a single line.  I want to write more than a single line, even if its to add a:

Regards - on another line.

If I try the whole thing goes away, and I have to start again.  When I finally give up, its looks like the standing phishing email we are all warned to just delete and never click on the Link.

Regards

• 3. Re: Adobe send now
              I wont remember this Level 1

Sorry I forgot to mention, I am paying a subscription as I need to privately share documents

• 4. Re: Adobe send now
                Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

Hm, that's definitely weird. You should be able to hit return for a line break without any misfiring. Would you mind trying three things for me?

1. Take a screenshot - it'll help if I can get a visual of what's happening when you're trying to type.

2. Try a different browser. Sometimes this fixes the issue, sometimes it doesn't - worth a shot, though.

3. Try typing the message in Word or Text Edit or some other program and copying/pasting it into the Adobe Send window. This obviously isn't a solution to the problem, but it would at least get the file sent while we try to figure out what's going on!

If none of that works, we'll try something else. Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Rebecca