• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shrink to Fit Text - ColdFusion Report Builder

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ColdFusion Report Builder, is there a way to shrink text to fit a particular area? (as opposed to stretching with overflow)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Chris

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

I did find another solution that does work relatively well.  I added multiple fields for the one field on the report, having each of these fields on the report using a different font size.  For each of these fields, I applied print conditions to assess the width (in pixels) of the text as an image.  Based on the width of the image, the correct field with the font-size is used and all the text is within the particular area.  This results with the desired effect.

For example, if the width of the te

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cam-chris wrote:

In ColdFusion Report Builder, is there a way to shrink text to fit a particular area? (as opposed to stretching with overflow)

Unfortunately not. The "Stretch with overflow" property is a grow-only setting. There is no equivalent property to do the opposite.

What scenario are you trying to deal with? There may be other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find another solution that does work relatively well.  I added multiple fields for the one field on the report, having each of these fields on the report using a different font size.  For each of these fields, I applied print conditions to assess the width (in pixels) of the text as an image.  Based on the width of the image, the correct field with the font-size is used and all the text is within the particular area.  This results with the desired effect.

For example, if the width of the text as an image is 383.73 pixels, the print condition where the font size is 26 is used.

Width of Text in Pixels
Greather Than or Equal ToLess Than or Equal ToFont Size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice.

Thanks for posting your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation