11 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2014 6:51 AM by A.T. Romano

mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9

jensritchie Level 1

how they hell do I get my self out of this nightmare I'm trying to put together a movie from clips and I have to activate the encoder for mpeg 2 so I don't have internet on my pc but when I got the web site on my laptop I get a sorry this page is available page and then what am I supposed to do just trying to find anything on premiere elements 9/Photoshop elements 9 is next to impossible is there a phone number I can call when I installed my Microsoft office word I called a activation number and given the code over the phone and it work why don't you guys work harder on customer service

• 2. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
          Jim_Simon Level 8

[Moved to Premiere Elements forum.]

• 3. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
            jensritchie Level 1

sorry not sure what im doing

• 4. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
              jensritchie Level 1

thanks to Jim for moving me over don't know what he did but maybe some there can help

• 5. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jenritchie

This is not Adobe. This is a Premiere Elements user to user forum where are now.

Please try to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. No guarantees since you are not dealing with the current version.

Adobe Chat does help with program activation related to serial number even if not the current version. But, I am not sure of its policy with regard to MPEG2 activation when not current version.

Please chick on the following link and, when it opens, click on the statement "Still Need Help? Contact us." to bring up the Adobe Chat. My best guess at a category is "Serial Number Issues or Activating My Program".

Contact Customer Care

Any chance you can get your current computer online long enough to do the MPEG2 activation?

ATR

• 6. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                  jensritchie Level 1

as toy your reply I've been where your at and that doesn't help I tried going most everywhere I could related to the software I using I used the web address as stated in the in the first post and the page is gone obviously must be cause its an older software package I was really hoping not to have to get my computer on line ()this means tearing my PC apart and dragging it out into my kitchen and finding a hardwire I can plug it into and that takes along time    

• 7. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jensritchie

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like you have a desktop computer rather than laptop. What is the background on this....had you been running Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 with the MPEG2 activation and then suddenly lost the MPEG2 activation or something else?

Are you running Premiere Elements 9 as the 9.0.1 Update? You can use Help Menu/Update for that or download the 9.0.1 Update from

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

I suspect that the following is what you need to get online to succeed at that MPEG2 activation.

Encoder activation

But, all roads appear to lead to at least one time online for that computer. However, if you have another computer with Internet connection, you might consider downloading the 9.0.1 Update, transferring it to a USB Flash Drive, and then using that to install the 9.0.1 Update on the computer without the Internet connection. Again, no guarantees for success with the MPEG2 activation consequences. But worth a try. By the way, somewhere along the line did you say that you had the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer?

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                      jensritchie Level 1

I'm running a desktop computer which is several years old but has windows 7 and I bought  the Photoshop/Premiere Elements 9.0 package a few years back now I having it on this desk stop and having no internet was no problem I was using Photoshop more that I was using the Premiere Elements now I am taking some video and wish to make movies so I'm trying it my hand at it having had some video production classes in my freshman year of high school I know a little but on this program its taken me until a few weeks just to figure out how to export it for use on a desktop computer or other computer but when I do that it comes out in FLV. format and that wont work so I tried Use the MPEG2 encoder which gave me a activation screen and web site to go to http://www.adobe.com/go/premiered_elementsencoder  but when I went there from my laptop I got a page saying sorry this page is not available so now Im stuck

• 9. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jensritchie

Thanks for the reply. If you use your laptop, what happens if you use the link that I posted to get to the MPEG2 Activation page? Are the routes possible to get the code on the laptop and use it in the desktop setup without the Internet connection?

Remind me, where are you in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 when you get the MPEG2 Activation code request...Share/Computer/MPEG or Share/Disc/DVD disc or both?

Under Share/Computer/, you have several choices

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

Have you tried the AVI, Windows Media, or QuickTime exports yet? A just in case note...you need to scroll down the list to see them in the lineup. Use the small scroll bar to the right of the list for that.

If you give me some details of the properties of your source video and your project preset settings, I can guide you step by step through one of those export choices if need be until we can work through the MPEG2 Activation issue.

ATR

• 10. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                          jensritchie Level 1

figured it out had entered the website wrong that's all

• 11. Re: mpeg 2 encoder premiere elements 9
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jensritchie

Thanks for the good news that you have sorted out the details to gain the required MPEG2 activation for your program. Good job.

Best wishes

ATR