2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 3:53 AM by camilo umana

Creating the last page in e-pubs with footnotes is this twisted maneuver?

camilo umana Level 1

CC. Exporting e-book 2.01. Footnotes at the end of the section.

Inserted at the end of the book a new page with some info but this one was placed before the list of footnotes, not at the end.

It shows that the e-pub considers the footnotes the last part of the book.

In this case I inserted the required text as part of the last footnote separated with a hard return.

Now the e-pub engine thinks that this text is indeed the last footnote and places it at the end.

This procedure is very demanding.

I think is a better method to do it.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Creating the last page in e-pubs with footnotes is this twisted maneuver?
          pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi Camilo,

End of section option in footnotes means that the footnote will be placed after the section i.e. the text frame in this case and not at the end of the EPUB.

For example if there is a text frame with a footnote inserted in it and an image after the text frame in InDesign document, then end of section export will place the footnote just after text ends and before the image.

From your post it seems that you wish your footnote to appear at the end of the EPUB. From InDesign's standpoint there are only two options as of now- either place footnote at the end of the paragraph or after the text so placing footnote at the end is not there unless your text frame is the last item that gets exported.

Regards,

Pooja

• 2. Re: Creating the last page in e-pubs with footnotes is this twisted maneuver?
            camilo umana Level 1

From your post it seems that you wish your footnote to appear at the end of the EPUB.

Ooja, well, not at all. I have a text, not a footnote, that should appear at the end of the epub.

The export option to put [all] footnotes at the end of the document involves that ID will define the last page as that with the last footnote?

Observing this I had to insert my additional text below the last footnote.

Think this is a little strange...

My doubt is: it this the only procedure to insert a plain text at the end of the e-pub?

Or may you suggest something less trespassing that inserting text inside a footnote?

Thanks.