4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 11:51 AM by givemesnow

Where can I get AdobeRGB1998.icm profile?

givemesnow

My rip doesn't recognize .icc. Other input profile options for my rip have the .icm extension.

• 1. Re: Where can I get AdobeRGB1998.icm profile?
          jdanek Level 4

The profiles designated as .icm are print profiles, some of which you can create via calibration.  The profiles designated as .icc are application based profiles typically found in application "Color Setting", including your RIP siftware application.  Look for either Preferences or Color Setting options in your RIP.  Mentioning what you are working with would not be a bad idea.  So, to answer your question.  You';d have to name an .icm profile you create during calibration as "AdobeRGB1998.icm", otherrwise you wouldn't find it because it does not exist.  By the way, don't name a profile "AdobeRGB1998.icm"; it'll just create a lot of confusion down the line.

• 2. Re: Where can I get AdobeRGB1998.icm profile?
            givemesnow Level 1

I'm using Mimaki Rasterlink 5 rip. In "Color Matching" of the "Color Edit" tab is an option to select ICC Input Profiles, It was my intention to test AdobeRGB1998 to see if I get a better result in RGB images over sRGB. I wrongly assumed this operated the same as "application based" icc, as some information I was able to dig up claimed that .icm was PC's version of .icc because the .icc extension has already been used in other PC extensions.Mimaki sRGB sc.png

Thank you for the response.

• 3. Re: Where can I get AdobeRGB1998.icm profile?
              jdanek Level 4

What are the other choices for "Input Profile (ICC)?  I mean besides sRGB?  And, what are the other options under CMYK?  I wonder if the choices are better under 8-Bit Rendering?  These .icc profiles should have been installed with the software and, if they are missing, may be because of incompatabilities with your OS or they may have to be physically installed from your install disk(s).  It may also be necessary to do an update on the software if it is an incompatability issue.

• 4. Re: Where can I get AdobeRGB1998.icm profile?
                givemesnow Level 1

sRGB, MimakiCMYK and WideMimakiCMYK, that's it. No additional choices regardless of bit depth.