6 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 8:02 AM by Didouchette

Row Size Error

ac33369

When I am attempting to render my composition I continue to get an error: "After Effects error: row size too large (131072) (7 :: 53)."

What does this mean and how to I fix/prevent it? I really need to get this figured out!!!

Thanks,

A

• 1. Re: Row Size Error
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

OS? AE version? Comp info? Render Settings? Output Module Settings? Codecs used? Without info We can't help. Include version numbers down to the last decimal point.

• 2. Re: Row Size Error
            ac33369 Level 1

AE CC, Windows 7, 64-bit

Attempting to export an animated Illustrator file, 8bpc, H.264 Codec, no audio

Render Settings are "Best"

I hope that helps!

• 3. Re: Row Size Error
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is your CC up to date (12.What?) Is Windows 7 up to date?

Comp size?  3d? You're still being stingy with the details. This could be anything from MP errors, memory and cache settings, comp size, incompatible plug-in.

• 4. Re: Row Size Error
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This looks like a Quicktime error where you comp size or render settings do not match the required specs of the chosen H.264 preset... Either way, as Rick said, we need to know a lot more...

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Row Size Error
                  blarghie

I just ran into this error when I tried importing an Illustrator file. No restarting or reinstalling worked for After Effects CC(2014) on my Mac Book. What however helped is exporting that Illustrator file into a .psd and importing that file instead. It worked fine after.

Additionally, I was importing Illustrator files earlier this morning without a problem.

• 6. Re: Row Size Error
                    Didouchette

Hi ,

I had the same problem, that's because you imported your A.I layers as footage.

It seems the bug desappear when you chose in the import box "import as comp layer".

I hope it will help ;-)

Natwo