1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2007 6:25 AM by Newsgroup_User

Using Fireworks, create a link between a button and a textbox

Drakkanis
      I have this little problem.
      How do I create a link between a button and a textbox, inside the same page layout.
      O have created a layout in photoshop, with buttons and everything and I want to do a little trick. When you click a button, the related content should appear in a textbox. I have 5 buttons, 5 difernent contents and I wish to use the same page.
      Can I do it using only Fireworks?
      If possible please show me a very explicative tutorial. I am new to fireworks.
      Thank you
        • 1. Re: Using Fireworks, create a link between a button and a   textbox
          Level 7
          Drakkanis wrote:
          > I have this little problem.
          > How do I create a link between a button and a textbox, inside the same page
          > layout.
          > O have created a layout in photoshop, with buttons and everything and I want
          > to do a little trick. When you click a button, the related content should
          > appear in a textbox. I have 5 buttons, 5 difernent contents and I wish to use
          > the same page.
          > Can I do it using only Fireworks?

Why didn't you create your layout in Fireworks? :-)

What you are describing is called Disjoint Rollovers. You can create
          them in Fireworks if you want the resulting pages to be images only,
          rather than HTML text. Look up "disjoint rollover" in the Fireworks Help
          files. That would not be a good way to create a Web page, however. Not
          only are JavaScript image rollovers out of fashion, Fireworks is not the
          program of choice for creating interactive elements. Dreamweaver is best
          for that.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------