0 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2007 8:41 AM by DDubyah17

Can't get the [Inspectable] tag to work

DDubyah17
      Hello there. I'm having a nightmare trying to get metadata tags to do what I expect them to. I've used the following code to define a variable in a custom MXML component, (in the proper place in the script tag of course)

quote:

[Inspectable(name="Test Value",defaultValue="false")]
      public var myValue:Boolean;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd expect to see an entry named "Test Value" in the flex builder property inspector with a default value of "false". This is not what I'm getting. On adding the custom component to my application the variable in question is listed as "myVar" in the property inspector and there is no value assigned to it at all.

I'm having this problem even when cutting and pasting the example code for metatag usage from the help docs. I've tried downloading program updates with no luck. Am I missunderstanding what's happening here? Does the component need to be pre-compiled in some way before the metatags take effect? If so can you point me in the right direction in the documentation so I can do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is one of those silly littly problems that's driving me round the bend.