3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2014 7:54 AM by BKBK

Dynamically give a name to cfimage

College Kid Level 1

I Have a page that displays a series of available items for the public to purchase. each of these items displays an image of the product. My cfimage code is made to scale-to-fit the stored image. normally the displayed results will all shoe different products and their corps pounding images. When I use the code below all of my different products will show the same image instead of showing the images that are linked to each product via a file path stored in the database. Is there a way to set the "name="myImage" dynamically so that each image will display and scale properly?

<cfimage source="C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\#product.proimage#" name="myImage">

<!--- Turn on antialiasing. --->

<cfset ImageSetAntialiasing(myImage)>

<cfset ImageScaleToFit(myImage,182,"","highestPerformance")>

• 1. Re: Dynamically give a name to cfimage
          BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should set the source attribute dynamically, rather than the name attribute. Get its value, the image path linked to a particular product, from a database query.

• 2. Re: Dynamically give a name to cfimage
            College Kid Level 1

Thanks for the reply. The image source="C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\#product.proimage#" is set dynamically. As the #product.proimage# finishes the path to the actual images Which some are in different folders.

The image path is actually "C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\image\source\hats\caps\photo24.jpg"  as is the next image should point to  "C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\image\source\hats\caps\dcs_45.jpg" which normally displays a different image But the page is displaying the same image in each thumbnail.

• 3. Re: Dynamically give a name to cfimage
              BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Assuming that 'product' is the name of the query that contains the path of the image of each product, then you could just use cfoutput. I have assumed in the following that each row in the result-set corresponds to a specific product.

<cfoutput query="product">

<!---  In what follows, myImage is the dynamic name for the image corresponding to each row --->

<cfimage source="C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\#product.proimage#" name="myImage">

<!--- Turn on antialiasing. --->

<cfset ImageSetAntialiasing(myImage)>

<cfset ImageScaleToFit(myImage,182,"","highestPerformance")>

<!---  More code pertaining to each row, hence to each product. For example, create the folder, scaledProductImages, beforehand and store the edited images for later use --->

<cfimage source="#myImage#" action="write" destination="C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\shotthp\scaledProductImages\#product.proimage#" overwrite="yes">

</cfoutput>