3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 8:50 AM by anjoul

sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

anjoul

when I execute a preview , I have on the screen the picture and sthe sound of the sequency I play

When I put it on the time line i get the picture when I read the sequency but NO SOUND and if I open a window to look at the sound there is no waves. It is files : video AVCHD.mts

Before to try to resolve the problème I installed version 12 and it's the same pb. Before I worked with same files, same computer, same program and it's worked perfectly

Thank's for answer

Anjoul

• 1. Re: sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anjoul

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 10 and 12? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

In your troubleshooting are you working with the exact same video file that worked in your system previously or just the same type of file that worked in your system previously?

What do you mean by executing a preview? In 10, do you mean double clicking the video thumbnail in Project Media to bring up the Preview Window with its Set In and Set Out points or something else?

When you import the file into a project, are you waiting for any indexing and/or conforming of the file to complete before moving forward in the project? (See progress bar at the bottom right of the workspace.)

Also, please go to the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/10 and delete the contents of the Media Cache Files Folder.

(Default location Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0

You might also look at deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for your results. Since the problem exists with 12 as well as 10, I tend to suspect the computer.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)
            anjoul Level 1

Anjoul

Joël Briand

I undestand that at first you suspected my computer I had the same reaction

I describe  what I did to resolve the probleme :

I rebuilt my sysem : I use now operating system windows 7 (64 bits)and before I used windows vista familial (32 bits). (I changed because, as you I thought the trouble could come from my computer).

I did another test : install adobe element12 version try and it was exactly same problem.

After cleaning my computer I installed Adobe Element 10 and I have the same problem.

I installed adobe 12 version try on my wife computer exactly same trouble

do you mean double clicking the video thumbnail in Project Media to bring up the Preview Window with its Set In and Set Out points or something else?  that what I mean

As you can see on the file which i s an attached document  I joined, I put screen print of the different steps and result

When I open a project I wait it up to the time it's completly load

If I go to:User/AppData/Roaming/adobe/premiere element10/10.0 I didi what you asked : delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (I did it)

last point . I use files : video AVCHD.mts from a panasonic camera HC -X900 and up to now I could make movies without any trouble

Conclusion : It is when I copy the sequency video on the time table that I lose the sound

Thanks for your help

I am sorry for my approximative English

Joel Briand

Message du 24/05/14 18:34

De : "A.T. Romano"

A : "joel Briand"

Copie à :

Objet :  sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

anjoul

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 10 and 12? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

In your troubleshooting are you working with the exact same video file that worked in your system previously or just the same type of file that worked in your system previously?

What do you mean by executing a preview? In 10, do you mean double clicking the video thumbnail in Project Media to bring up the Preview Window with its Set In and Set Out points or something else?

When you import the file into a project, are you waiting for any indexing and/or conforming of the file to complete before moving forward in the project? (See progress bar at the bottom right of the workspace.)

Also, please go to the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/10 and delete the contents of the Media Cache Files Folder.

(Default location Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0

You might also look at deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for your results. Since the problem exists with 12 as well as 10, I tend to suspect the computer.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6406558#6406558

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)
              anjoul Level 1

I send you again my answer

Since I wrote to you I progress on the problem

I found some files *.MTS which are available for sound on the time line, some  other no. Every as the same properties. Have you any idea of what’happen ?

Thank’s for help

Joel Briand

De : Joel Briand

Envoyé : lundi 26 mai 2014 12:56

À : 'bastien@basmars.com'

Objet : TR: re:  sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

De : Joël BRIAND

Envoyé : lundi 26 mai 2014 09:44

À : Briand joel

Objet : tr: re:  sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

Message du 25/05/14 18:58

De : "Joël BRIAND"

A : jive-180842940-1gf16-2-3tbby@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Copie à :

Objet : re:  sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

>

Anjoul

Joël Briand

I undestand that at first you suspected my computer I had the same reaction

I describe  what I did to resolve the probleme :

I rebuilt my sysem : I use now operating system windows 7 (64 bits)and before I used windows vista familial (32 bits). (I changed because, as you I thought the trouble could come from my computer).

I did another test : install adobe element12 version try and it was exactly same problem.

After cleaning my computer I installed Adobe Element 10 and I have the same problem.

I installed adobe 12 version try on my wife computer exactly same trouble

do you mean double clicking the video thumbnail in Project Media to bring up the Preview Window with its Set In and Set Out points or something else?  that what I mean

As you can see on the file which i s an attached document  I joined, I put screen print of the different steps and result

When I open a project I wait it up to the time it's completly load

If I go to:User/AppData/Roaming/adobe/premiere element10/10.0 I didi what you asked : delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (I did it)

Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE

last point . I use files : video AVCHD.mts from a panasonic camera HC -X900 and up to now I could make movies without any trouble

Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Conclusion : It is when I copy the sequency video on the time table that I lose the sound

Thanks for your help

I am sorry for my approximative English

Joel Briand

Message du 24/05/14 18:34

De : "A.T. Romano"

A : "joel Briand"

Copie à :

Objet :  sound problem on time line (adobe premire element 10)

>

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6406558#6406558> View the full discussion