8 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2014 11:37 AM by AnalogKid17

Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?

AnalogKid17

A few days ago I created a project using "beachresort_title" under Titles & Text > Travel > Beach Resort.

The title seems to work as expected, however every single time I open the project file I get this window ("Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?") where I am supposed to browse to this TGA file.

It seems the project file should know where it is. But I also searched my computer high and low and can't find it.

Why is this happening and how to fix ?

Thanks,

Simon

• 1. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

Premiere Elements 12 does not support .tga files which were often used in Title Templates in much earlier versions of Premiere Elements.

From your prior threads, you appear to be working with Premiere Elements 12 in Windows 7 64 bit. So, it is curious why you should be getting "Where is the file Tropical_7.tga?" when you select Titles & Text/Travel/Beach Resort.

Is there a blue pan at the top right corner of the thumbnail for the Beach Resort choice in the Premiere Elements display of title templates? If so, right click that blue ban and select download now. Does that action solve the problem in any way? If not, then

Let us do this to troubleshoot...

1. Look for the file beachresort_title.png in the following path

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Title Templates

All_Lang

Travel

Beach Resort

and in the Beach Resort Folder you should find the beachresort_title.png file. Is it there? Could you post a screenshot of what you find in that Beach Resort folder? If not, then just post what you find there by name.

We will base the next phase of the troubleshooting based on your reply. More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

Add On...the following is a link to another thread here which ran into the "Where is tropical_7.tga?" issue.

Premiere Elements 12: Tropical_7.tga missing

There was never any follow up to it.

Depending on your reply to the prior post, we might consider, a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts).

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

We might go so far as

Sign Out of Premiere Elements 12 Help Menu/Sign Out

Uninstall via Control Panel

ccleaner run through

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned Off

ATR

• 3. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
              AnalogKid17 Level 1

I found the file exactly where you said it was going to be. I thought I could just convert to TGA, rename and browse there, but that would have been too easy, as you say that format is not supported.

Untitled.png

As far as CCleaner, I don't ever use that kind of software. More often than not it does more damage than good.

It sounds like I can't use that title or if I do I have to ignore the TGA dialog every time I open it.

Thanks,

Simon

• 4. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

That Tropical_7.tga should not be in the version 12 Beach Resort Folder at all. The Beach Resort Folder is working off the file there name beachresort_title.png.

Delete the Tropical_7.tga from there. You should be able to restore later from the Recycle Bin if it becomes necessary in the troubleshooting. But I see no rationale in doing anything but getting rid of it. Have you recently installed any of the Creative Suite programs?

Let see what happens.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

ccleaner would be a good idea. I have used it for years when necessary without any horror stories. But, I understand your caution. But, for now, let us see what we can accomplish without resorting to ccleaner.

ATR

• 6. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
                    AnalogKid17 Level 1

Yeah, that file is gone. I agree it's not needed.

Not sure which creative suite programs you are referring to, but I think the answer is no. I already had Lightroom on my computer and recently installed PE 12. I did one update after that and that was it.

I appreciate your tenacity! :-)

Simon

• 7. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

Thanks for the follow up.

But, after you have deleted that .tga and restarted the program, did the "Where is the file.....?" message stop appearing?

By Creative Suite programs, I was thinking CS 4 or 6 or CC Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and the like.

ATR

• 8. Re: Where is the File 'Tropical_7.tga'?
                        AnalogKid17 Level 1

Yes, this comes up every single time.

S