4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2007 2:18 AM by macluz

encode to flv

jonnybennett Level 1
      I am trying to import a wmv9 file... using flash file>import video. I have 15 videos I want to encode.
      However it took me about an hour of trying to get the first video to encode... it kept on crashing whilst trynig to encode the video... i have continued tryingto encode. It is taking about an hour to encode a 5 mins video. Anyway it has stopped encoding again... and just keeps crashing agan when you try and encode... any ideas? thanks J.
        • 1. Re: encode to flv
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          try changing the quality settings....
          • 2. Re: encode to flv
            Greg Dove Level 4
            I'm not sure what's causing your problem, I don't use import into flash for videos. Is that whay you're doing - importing it into flash? That's been possible since video was introduced in flash, but you may want to consider using the separate flash video encoder (flash 8 and flash cs3 - can't remember if mx2004 had a separate one as well) to do the encoding...its more flexible to encode to separate flv files rather than embedding in the swf.

And once you have some settings that you're happy with for the encoder (and that presumably don't cause crashes!) then you can put all 15 videos in a queue and just leave your computer to churn through them overnight one after another.
            • 3. Re: encode to flv
              jonnybennett Level 1
              Thanks for the advice... however I am getting the same results. I think it is something to do with the wmv9 file... as when you try and encode with my own custom settings, it wont let me change the audio settings. If you try and do the encode anyway it crashes after a few minutes. However the odd thing is that the videos that I have successfully encoded didnt always let me set the audio settings, however on the attempts that actually worked i was able to change the audio settings. I could understand if it never let me change the audio settings, but the fact that sometimes it let me change the audio and other times with the exact same video file it doesn't makes no senese.
              • 4. Re: encode to flv
                macluz
                Wait and wait.... Problems i had are same to u.