6 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 7:27 AM by ThinkingThings

Problem Linking HyperLink 3 Images on Same Cell Text Line. Need hero.

ThinkingThings Level 1

Hello Friends,

I need a hero, please. VB.NET, CS6. I am trying to add hyperlinks to 3 images. Here's the code (it's VB.NET but the logic should be easy to understand)

If imageFileName IsNot Nothing Then

Dim rect As ID.Rectangle = curTextItem.Rectangles.Add() : With rect

.Name = imageFileName

.GeometricBounds = geoBounds

.Place(imageFileName)

.ClearObjectStyleOverrides()    'needed to eliminate drop shadow

.StrokeWeight = 0               'needed to eliminate stroke

.Fit(idFitOptions.idProportionally)

.Fit(idFitOptions.idFrameToContent)

.Select()

End With

If imageLink IsNot Nothing Then

Dim myHyperlinkURL = aDoc.HyperlinkURLDestinations.Add(imageLink)

Dim myHyperlinkSource = aDoc.HyperlinkPageItemSources.Add(rect)            

Dim myHyperlink = aDoc.Hyperlinks.Add(myHyperlinkSource, myHyperlinkURL)

myHyperlink.Visible = False

End If

End If

FYI:  curTextItem is a cell.Text object.

When I add them without the hyperlinks, everything works fine (comment out red lines). However, when I try to add the first hyperlinkSource it errors with:

A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in InDesign Scripting.exe

Additional information: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'InDesign.PageItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{D7D2C130-D321-11D1-AAA2-00C04FA349C7}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I've tried just about every imaginable object reference to replace "rect" (except the "right" one) to make this work. If I choose to use "HyperlinkTextSources" instead of "HyperlinkPageItemSources" I can successfully link the first source by using  "aDoc.HyperlinkTextSources.Add(curTextItem.Texts.LastItem) but when it gets to the second source it errors with:

"The object you have chosen is already in use by another hyperlink."

I've been at this for about a day. If I were a smarter guy I might have given up a while ago, but I am stubborn. I know that I am missing something simple. You'll probably hear me smack my head from wherever you are when I get the answer. Please help.

Thank you kindly,

-TT