3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 6:57 AM by try67

How to delete attached bookmark by deleting the PDF page

Iamforever27

Hello,

I am trying to check if there's a Keyboard shortcut or a Javascript which would help me Delete the Bookmarks with the Pages they are assigned in one shot. May be using a shortcut key or by the press of a Button which has a javascript or some shortcut.

Thanks,

Julius

• 1. Re: How to delete attached bookmark by deleting the PDF page
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

JS can't be executed with a keyboard shortcut (only through the menus using keyboard accelerators). Also, you'll need to better explain what you want to achieve.

• 2. Re: How to delete attached bookmark by deleting the PDF page
            Iamforever27 Level 1

Thank you for responding to my query. I am currently working on a PDF template which has around 100 Pages(1 Bookmark each page). Ex. Page no. 1 has Introduction in BOLD letters as the Bookmark. I have to arrange a set of 1000 scattered pages as per the Bookmark list in the template. So, All pages with Introduction will go behind Page 1 & so on. It may so happen that certain bookmarks are left unused because of missing pages in the imported set. Is it possible for me to run a javascript that finds such unused Pages & Deletes them with the assigned Bookmark.

What I have to do right now is first identify the Unused Bookmarked page, delete the page & then delete the Bookmark separately. And I have to do this with the whole template which has around 100 Bookmarked pages. A Javascript would make my life a lot easier.

If not a Javascript, Is there a keyboard trick/shortcut which would enable me to delete the Bookmarks the moment I delete the Unused Bookmarked PDF page.

• 3. Re: How to delete attached bookmark by deleting the PDF page
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I think you're not quite getting how bookmarks work. They are not "attached" to a page, per se. They can point to a page, but they can also do other things entirely, or nothing at all. And there can be multiple bookmarks pointing to the same page. So the idea of an "unused" bookmark is not really a correct one. You can probably do what you want using a script, but you'll need to define a good way of identifying the bookmarks you want to delete.