13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 3:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Question

Alphonsus

Hi there.

I have premier elements 10. The problem is it does not recongnize my camcorder wihich is sony dcr hc90e. I am using firewire cable 1394 with usb adaptor. Can anyone help me.

• 1. Re: Question
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>firewire cable 1394 with usb adaptor

Premiere Elements will ONLY work with a tape camera with a straight through Firewire connection... USB will not work

• 2. Re: Question
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

In spite of what may be suggested in

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Capture video

until proven otherwise, you are going to need a real firewire connection and not firewire with USB adaptor. Premiere Elements (any version) Capture and USB in any way never seem to work.

What is your problem with a real firewire connection? No firewire port on the computer?

Have you looked into your computer motherboard, available PCI slot, and Firewire card?

ATR

• 3. Re: Question
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

I did not see John's reply until after I had posted mine. We seem to be going in the same direction with our replies to you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>seem to be going in the same direction

Is that like the old saying about "birds of a feather" ???

Anyway, back on topic to Alphonsus... below is if you have a desktop computer with an available slot

This says to use a TI chip for adding a firewire card http://forums.adobe.com/thread/940242

• 5. Re: Question
                  Alphonsus Level 1

Hi John

Thanks for the reply.I have another computer and it has the fire wire connection, it worked fine with elements 6. I installed 10 and it will not recognize my camera.

• 6. Re: Question
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

Please consider. You wrote to John

Thanks for the reply.I have another computer and it has the fire wire connection, it worked fine with elements 6. I installed 10 and it will not recognize my camera.

You say that your computer with the firewire port and firewire cable work fine with elements 6. What is this elements 6? There is no Premiere Elements 6. The versions went 1, 2, 3, 4, and then 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

What type of data were you generating with the Sony, DV (4:3 or 16:9) or HDV data? And, consequently, what were you setting for the Premiere Elements 10 project preset to match the properties of your source before you started the capture in Premiere Elements 10?

What computer operating system did you say was involved in this situation?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Question
                      Alphonsus Level 1

Hi.

Maybe photoshop was 6 and premier was 4 I am not sure now. I am using windows vista on the old computer. The camera is set to 16.9.

Thank you

Sent from Windows Mail

• 8. Re: Question
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

Just to confirm....if the camera is set for 16:9 DV data, is your Premiere Elements 10 on Vista project preset set for NTSC DV Widescreen or the PAL counterpart if you are in a PAL setup?

ATR

• 9. Re: Question
                          Alphonsus Level 1

Hi.

That is correct.

Thank you.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 10. Re: Question
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

Thanks for the additional information which gives us one more positive reason for why your DV 16:9 data capture firewire into Premiere Elements 10 should be working. But, it is not.

Please remind me....you stay that Premiere Elements 4 DV Capture firewire, but not Premiere Elements 10 Capture firewire, is working on the computer with the firewire port and just a classic firewire cable from camera to computer. What happens if you download and install Premiere Elements 12 tryout on this same computer with the firewire port - does it work for the DV 16:9 capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 12 Capture Window?

Also, can you DV data capture firewire successful using Windows Movie Maker or WinDV instead of Premiere Elements 10?

More later.

ATR

• 11. Re: Question
                              Alphonsus Level 1

Hi

Windows movie maker does not recognize the camera ether, I am not sure what

premier elements I was using before on the computer. The computer had to be

re installed and i lost the programs in it. I lost the disc for premier

elements, so i bought a new one which is 10. The one i was using before

must be an older version,  I had it 6 or 7 years and it worked fine,

Regards Alphonsus

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:34 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 12. Re: Question
                                Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try a different Firewire cable.  It is also possible that the Firewire port on the camera is bad.

• 13. Re: Question
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Alphonsus

Thanks for the reply.

Our line of troubleshooting that we have been working on has pointed us to the following.

Whatever the issue is now, it appears from what you have reported that this is not an issue with Premiere Elements DV or HDV capture firewire at its core.

The answer needs to be in the camera firewire port, camera settings during the capture, or the computer firewire port, or in the firewire cable. Are there any computer hubs being used in these connections?

I do not think the problem is in the camera settings during the capture, but just in case, please review the Adobe document on Premiere Elements Capture as a cross check.

http://help.adobe.com/fr_FR/premiereelements/using/WS5CDA0F91-60F1-4b79-ABF6-E9E75F498DB2. html#WS2AF26FB5-4C63-4c46-9DB3-7249558F6528

Please review and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR