3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 9:34 AM by A.T. Romano

Can you help?

Anna3261

I have had an error with my Canon XL2. While filming a friends wedding the audio channel 1 has been dropping out. so in quite a few parts of my filming I only have audio for channel 2. what I want to do but don't know how is to copy the clip and swap the audio channel to channel 1. So I have the original clip with audio in channel 2 and the copied clip with audio in channel 1. ( I am using PE11 it does have an audio effect to swap channels but when I apply this to the clip I have no sound!)

• 1. Re: Can you help?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anna3261

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 11 on?

Please remove the swap channels audio effect and use instead the audio effect either Fill from Left or Fill from Right found in fx Effects/Audio Effects/.

A description of the audio effects can be found in the following Adobe document.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS4B8135DA-083C-42eb-B09E-65070ECBC889. html

Fill Left, Fill Right

The Fill Left effect duplicates the left channel information of the audio clip and places it in the right channel, discarding the original clip’s right channel information. The Fill Right effect duplicates the right channel information and places it in the left channel, discarding the existing left channel information. For example, you might use this effect on footage shot with a monaural microphone plugged into only one channel of a camcorder, extending the voice of a speaker from one channel to both.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can you help?
            Anna3261 Level 1

Hi

Thank you you your reply, I have since found that the swap channel has worked! But if I get any more trouble like this I will try the left to right effect as you subjected.  Thank you

annaktb@aol.com

• 3. Re: Can you help?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

anna3261

Thanks for the follow up that the swap channel audio effect did work for you.

Also, best not to include contact information in your posts to avoid possible nuisances to your email account.

Best wishes

ATR