8 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 4:14 PM by gwhPoster

CRM form creation

gwhPoster Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Business Catalyst and I'm trying to create a CRM Form. The following set of system fields come ready under the contacts area when creating a regular web form:

Title

First Name

Last Name

I need to add another field to this block, ie. "Middle Name", so I created this as a custom CRM form. When I went back to my original regular form to insert the "Middle Name", I wanted to insert it between First Name and Last Name but there doesn't seem to be a way to insert it where I want it.

I have the same problem with the next block of information, ie. I use the following system fields for the home address:

Home Address

City

State

Zipcode/Postcode

Country

But I want to insert a Home Address2 field underneath the first Home Address input field. Again I created the custom CRM form with just this one field, i.e. Home Address2 but like the "Middle Name" mentioned above, I'm unable to insert it under the system "Home Address" field that's already in the form.

So can anyone tell me if I can solve the above problems or would I have to create a separate CRM form containing all the fields in each block. For example, I'd create my own customer Home Address form with the following fields:

Home Address

Home Address2

City

State

Zipcode/Postcode

Country

If the above is correct, then wouldn't that mean that the data would be stored at the bottom of the contact section in the backend instead of up the top as if I had used the regular contact fields?

Appreciate any advice offered.

Thanks in advance.