5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 4:12 AM by Jorgeeditor

YouTube settings

Jorgeeditor

I just started using version 12.  I was told using this version I can upload videos to my YouTube account directly but is not allowing me to do that because is more than 10 minutes as used to be the maximum.  How I can increase this length on the program settings?

Thanks,

Jorge

• 1. Re: YouTube settings
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jorgeeditor

Premiere Elements 12 Social Websites/YouTube feature limits you to 2 GB/15 minutes. The feature cannot be used if the limits are exceeded. If that happens, your alternative is to export your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Beforehand, from what I have read, you can set up a YouTube extended time account for your uploads to YouTube at the YouTube web site. The extended time you obtained this way is not transferable to the Premiere Elements feature.

For possible choices for the export of your Premiere Elements file to the hard drive, please explore Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and the YouTube presets there. We can discuss alternative exports, but those MP4 export should work fine for your intended purpose.

Please let us know if you are OK with the details provided.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: YouTube settings
            Jorgeeditor Level 1

I used to have Premiere 8 and the reason why I bought the newest version is because i was told I can upload bigger files depending on my YouTube limit.  I don't have a limit on file size on YouTube so I need to change the settings on Premiere to upload my videos.

How I can do that?

Thanks again,

Jorge

• 3. Re: YouTube settings
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jorge

You say "I don't have a limit on file size on YouTube"....that applies only when you upload a file from your computer hard drive to YouTube at the YouTube web site. That extended limit that you have with your YouTube account at YouTube does not apply in anyway to the limits shown for the Premiere Elements Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. That remains (unchangable) at 2 GB/15 minutes. I wrote the same in post 1.

Your only alternative is to export your Timeline to, for example, .mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that .mp4 from the hard drive to YouTube at the YouTube web site where your extended account should permit you to upload the file completely within the limits of the account extension.

Again, you cannot extended/change the limits (2 GB/15 minutes) of the Premiere Elements 12 Social Websites/YouTube feature.

Since I have repeated this same information in post 1, but you continue to ask the same question, please let me know if I am misinterpreting what you are asking.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: YouTube settings
                johnpluck

I had the same question today as I want to upload a 20 minuted video to my Youtube account.

My Youtube account does not have a restriction on the length of uploaded videos, however on speaking to Adobe technical support today it appears that the 15min restriction is a default restriction imposed by the Premiere and nothing to do with Youtube.

There is no way round it and you have to render the video to your computer (preferably using AVCHD setting then upload it manually to Youtube. It is an issue which Adobe will hopefully be addressing. Tech support also mentioned that in calculating the 15 minute limit this can include the rushes you have uploaded into the project and not just the duration of the timeline so you might have a problem uploading an even shorter timeline.

For now, use the manual route unless it's a very short and simple project which might work using the upload facility.

• 5. Re: YouTube settings
                  Jorgeeditor Level 1

Thank you very much.

Jorge