3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 3:16 PM by Trillianne Shadow

Difficulties Creating 508-Compliant PDFs

MichaelGoof

I have a two-page newsletter that I created in InDesign CS6, and I have encountered two different challenges while trying to make the PDF 508 compliant. I have arranged all of the content in the Articles panel to set the correct reading order. My challenges are:

1. When I open the PDF in Acrobat X and run the Accessibility Full Check, it says that the first two elements are not contained within the structure tree. They ARE in the InDesign Articles tree, and everything looks good there.
      2. When I run Touchup Reading Order in Acrobat, some of the elements are not reflecting the order that I set in the InDesign Articles panel. To illustrate what I am getting, the first few elements are showing as 2, 1, 4, 3, 8, 7, and so on - definitely not the order I specified in Arrticles.

I have been scratching my head with both of these issues; does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong here? I even downloaded the trial versions of InDesign CC and Acrobat XI to see if that helped, and got the same exact results.