7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 1:08 AM by Zhihong Chen

Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded

MarkAlanCurtis

I have a Creative Cloud subscription for Photoshop CC. All Creative Clouds products are updated to the latest versions. When I tried to install Tony Kuyper's TKActionv3 Photoshop extension using the Adobe Extension Manager CC on my PC desktop, I received an error message the extension contained an invalid signature and wouldn't be installed. I had previously installed the extension on my laptop without any problems. At the same time, I also noticed the default installed Photoshop CC extensions (e.g., Adobe Exchange, Kuler, Mini Bridge, Behance) could not be loaded using the Windows/Extension command. I receive an error message that the command could not be completed because the extension could not be loaded. After contacting Tony Kuyper, he suggested that I try the steps mentioned in the following weblink: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6029768. The steps basically consist of uninstalling and reinstalling all the Creative Cloud apps associated with Photoshop CC. I tried the steps multiple times, but I am still having the same problems. I can find the default installed Photoshop CC extensions on my machine, so I don't know why they can't be loaded.

I posted this question in the Extension Manager group. Should I also post it in the Adobe Photoshop group?

Thanks for your assistance,

Mark Curtis

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
          Carl Sun Level 4

Please click "Tools"->"Preferences" menu item in Extension Manager, uncheck "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet",  and check "Enable detailed logging (restart required)". Restart Extension Manager then try to install the extension again. If you still get the invalid signature issue, please send all log files under "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log" to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

After the installation, please check "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet" again.

As to the default installed PS extensions issue, I will ask my coworkers to help you.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
            MarkAlanCurtis Level 1

Thanks Carl for your assistance. I emailed you the log files resulting from my unsuccessful extension install.

Mark

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
              Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Mark,

Could you please help to offer following information for us to find the root cause? Thanks:

1. Which PS version are you using? On what platform, Windows or Mac OS?

2. The extension cannot be loaded since when?

3. What is the version of imslib.dll/.framework and PlugPlugOwl.dll/.framework? It locates at path like “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)”.

4. Can you get the CSXS log and send it to us? Please add a “LogLevel” key with value “6” in registry (PS should be restarted for the log level change to take effect):

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.4

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.4.plist

Then restart PS and the log file will be generated at:

• Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\csxs4-PHSP.log

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/CSXS/csxs4-PHSP.log

5. Can you send one of your extensions to us? Like Kuler? The path is:

• Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions

• Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
                MarkAlanCurtis Level 1

Zhihong,

I received your e-mail with the questions below. I answered some of your questions: answers in red and underlined. In addition to posting in the forum, I also replied to your e-mail address, but the message was returned as undeliverable. What e-mail address should I use for sending you the log files.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Here is a workaround to make the extension display again:

You can bypass the check for extension signature by editing the CSXS preference properties file, located at:

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5

• Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist

Add a new entry “PlayerDebugMode” of type "string" with the value of "1". And then restart Photoshop and try again. Please let us know if this work around can work.

And could you please help to offer following information for us to find the root cause? Thanks:

1. Which PS version are you using? On what platform, Windows or Mac OS? Photoshop CC (64-Bit) 14.2.1 x64, Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)

2. The extension cannot be loaded since when? 5/25/2014

3. What is the version of imslib.dll/.framework and PlugPlugOwl.dll/.framework? It locates at path like “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)”. 7.0.0.145, 4.2.0.36

4. Can you get the CSXS log and send it to us? Please add a “LogLevel” key with value “6” in registry (PS should be restarted for the log level change to take effect):

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist

Then restart PS and the log file will be generated at:

• Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\csxs5-PHSP.log

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/CSXS/csxs5-PHSP.log

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
                  MarkAlanCurtis Level 1

Zhihong,

The workaround to make the extensions display again only worked for the Kuhler extension.

For the Adobe Exchange extension, it needed to be updated, and the update never finished.

For the Mini Bridge extension to work, Bridge needs to load. I clicked on the prompt "OK" to load Bridge, but Bridge never loaded (usually Bridge loads instantly).

The workaround is not a fix for the extensions not loading.

You mentioned CSXS.4 and CSXS.5; since CSXS.4 is the latest infrastructure version, I used that for generating the Photoshop CSXS log file. The log file generated was named "CSXS4-PHXS.log"; your instructions said the file would be named "CSXS4-PHSP.log". Can you clarify what the file name should be?

Also, do I need an e-mail address for you, or can I send you the files using the forum.

I'm going to bed now...talk to you tomorrow..

Thanks,

Mark

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
                    Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Mark,

Thanks. Your log file "CSXS4-PHXS.log" is correct, please send it to me: zhichen@adobe.com.

Best regards,

Zhihong

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC extension with invalid signature and Photoshop default installed extensions cannot be loaded
                      Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Mark,

I failed to reproduce your problem with PS 14.2.1 (imslib.dll 7.0.0.145 and PlugPlugOwl.dll 4.2.0.36) on a Win7 platform. The workaround does not work means that it probably not caused by CSXS.