3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 12:33 PM by bob.treitman

how to email a document

defyage

When I open a file in Adobe reader the right hand column does not allow me to enter an email address.  When I click on the Email Address Book it takes me to the Solutions page for Adobe Reader.  Another person I know has no problem.  His page allows inputting the address and attaching the document. 

Can anyone please help!

• 1. Re: how to email a document
          Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. The ability to send personalized links with Adobe Send (that is, to send files to specific email addresses) requires a subscription. Once you’ve subscribed to Adobe Send, you’ll be able to send personalized links to contacts stored in your Address Book. If you’ve already subscribed to Adobe Send and still can’t access your Address Book, please sign into Adobe Reader to enable the Address Book feature. To sign in, click the “Sign In” link at the top of the Tools pane. Once you've identified yourself through the sign-in dialog box, you can use all the Adobe Send features available through Adobe Reader.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca

• 2. Re: how to email a document
            michellenickeldime

can I send without subscribing? I only need to do this once...thanks

• 3. Re: how to email a document
              bob.treitman Employee Moderator

You can 'send' a public link without subscribing. Public links don't provide the detailed tracking information that personalized links do, and you'll need to copy the link from Acrobat.com and paste it into an email message. Personalized links are sent from Acrobat.com.