7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 11:33 AM by Rick Gerard

Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?

LipLop88

So, i can use Twixtor and Magic Bullet just fine, but when it try to mix the two...It doesnt work.

I had a magic bullet cc on one of my clips, and then when i tried to add twixtor, it took away the cc....Help?! @:o (Using cs6)

• 1. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Precompose the layer with the color correction and then apply the time remapping effect to the precomposition layer.

Start here to learn After Effects:

http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

• 2. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
            LipLop88 Level 1

No idea what you just said...But thanks

-derp-

• 3. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Then it would be an especially good idea to follow that link that I gave.

• 4. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
                LipLop88 Level 1

If i sound rude, i do appologise, yet, i came here to ask a question, not learn how to "Break The Ice"...That Link is useless to me, i only wish to know one thing. I find that this occurs a lot on this site...People don't really help, they just send links. I didn't ask "How do i Learn the basics on After Effects"...I wan't to know, in a simple mannor, how i can solve my issue. Thank you for your help, again....

• 5. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I gave you an answer: I told you to precompose the layer and then apply the other effect to the precomposition layer. If you don't understand those instructions---as you said---then you need to learn some of the basics.

> People don't really help, they just send links.

In this specific case, the link given was one created by someone whose entire job for a decade has been to help people to use After Effects. Trust me when I say that that link is the most helpful thing that I know how to give someone in your specific situation. Of course, you are free to ignore the help that is offered.

• 6. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

There's an overwhelming reason why a lot of links show up in responses.  On a daily basis, first-time users post no-brainer questions simply because they approach AE with the attitude, "Hey, how tough can this stuff be?" and try to use it intuitively.  Then they get hopelessly lost, because using AE is anything BUT intuitive.

AE has its own set of procedures.  Its own way of approaching the task at hand.  Its own arcane terminology.  And it's not tough for an experienced user to spot a greenhorn.

So rather than try to explain all the nuts 'n bolts for the twelve-thousandth time to someone who refuses to accept that you have to walk before you run with this application, people post a link... WHICH DOES EXPLAIN how to walk before you run.

• 7. Re: Problem With Magic Bullet And Twixtor?
                      Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Color grading is usually the last step in the preparation of a shot for compositing. You want to maintain as many of the original pixel values while you are manipulating the image before you start doing the color correction. If you want to slow down the footage then do Twixtor first, then, to keep things running faster down the line, render the slow mo to a DI and perform the rest of your compositing and color grading. Magic Bullet is usually applied to a completed shot or sequence. It's just a better way to work.