1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2014 4:03 PM by A.T. Romano

What version of Premier Elements can make 1080P blue ray disks?

64nelson91

I have Premier Elements 3.0. I need to know if it can make a Blue ray disk for 1080P .MOV video files.

• 1. Re: What version of Premier Elements can make 1080P blue ray disks?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

64nelson91

When you burn to disc Blu-ray in Premiere Elements 4 through 12, you end up with your Timeline in Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc as 1080i (display 1920 x 1080 with 29.97 interlaced frames per second or 25 interlaced frames per second). The video file in the BDMV Folder on the disc has a .m2ts file extension.

Premiere Elements 12 seems to be the first version to offer AVCHD format on DVD disc from Premiere Elements with a progressive frame rate. That is, Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD disc with Presets = H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby (here the frame rate is 24 progressive frames per second).  But, as pointed out, disc is DVD, not Blu-ray.

The individual presets are not adjustable.

And, if your 1080p.mov has AVCHD video compression, keep in mind that Premiere Elements did not support AVCHD until Premiere Elements 7.

If you have thoughts of a Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc for any 1080p.mov footage, I would suggest that you download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe and see if that works for you in the way of computer and source media compatibility.

So that it does not come as a surprise (if you are dealitng with a multi movie Timeline), stop markers in the Timeline of Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc do not function when the end product is played back in your player. Same for AVCHD on DVD disc.

Please let us know if we have targeted your question. If not, please give more details.

Thanks.

ATR