1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2014 5:39 PM by A.T. Romano

Select clips

Koolmees37

I am a starter with this program, I always used Pinnacle Studio. One of the problems I have on this moment is that I don't know how to select and edit more clips in one action. I am used with Shift or control more clips, but I have the idea I have to click on every clip or picture. But if so, than I like to edit by example the toime of all the pictures. The standard for pictures is 6 seconds, but I think 4 seconds enough. Is it possible to change such things in one action?

Another example is to select many clips and to remove them to another place on the time line.

• 1. Re: Select clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Koolmees37

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you want to change the still image duration AFTER you have imported it to the Timeline, select the stills whose duration you want to change to the same duration for each all at one time, right click in the selection, select Time Stretch from the pop up menu, and change the duration in the Time Stretch dialog. The duration is represented there in a timecode fashion 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames). So, if you want to change the still image duration to 3 seconds, you set the Time Stretch duration for 00;00;03;00.

As for the matter of selecting these stills...some possibilities

a. Hold down the Shift key and click on all the clips to go into the selection

or

b. With the mouse cursor draw a rectangle around the stills to select them.

As for

Another example is to select many clips and to remove them to another place on the time line.

That is exactly what you can do with the mouse cursor and the rectangle draw. Once selected the many clips will move as one.

Holding down the Alt key while you are moving/adding clips, often saves you from split audio and other Timeline disturbances during the movements.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR