After searching this issue it appears that alot of people have had the same problem. When exporting to pdf two elements are missing from the left page of every spread. One element spans the entire spread and the other is only on the left page. I have two layers and they are both visible. I have read over most of the threads on this forum trying to figure it out and am at a dead end. Any suggestions would help. What I have tried:
1. File Save As - renaming the file
2. Export to both INX and IDML
3. Making the element two separate objects that don't span across the master page
4. Exporting as spread and not as spread
5. Changing pdf export settings (almost all of them)
6. Checked for Indesign Updates...none available
Any suggestions help. Thank you!!!
Are the objects on the master grouped across the spine?
No objects are grouped across the spine. I have taken everything a few increments away from the spine and all the elements are now showing up. They are not layering correctly though.
If elements can't span across the spread doesn't that defeat the purpose of a spread? Is it intended to function this way?