1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 12:46 AM by Zydeco57

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

Kacunningham32

I am trying to download an ebook from google to adobe digital editions and I get this error message - "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY" What do I do?

• 1. Re: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY
          Zydeco57

Copied from another thread. This worked for me (hallelujah!!!). All I needed was the first step (not the "extreme" one).

"Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help, and indeed installation can even trigger this state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

Another is  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0