1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2007 5:28 AM by peterent

Problem with TitleWindow pop-up load time

Spookius_Mortem
      I am having an issue using TitleWindow components with the PopUpManager. If I specify the TitleWindow's height and width as percentage values, then when I call PopUpManger.centerPopUp(titleWindow), it takes about 8 to 10 seconds before it actually pops up. However, if I specify a fixed height and width, then it pops up almost instantly.

What I have noticed while debugging is that when a percentage height/width is specified, the centerPopUp call generates a call to LayoutManager.validateClient. In this method, the process enters a while loop that it remains in for several seconds. This is not the case if I use fixed height/width as it runs through that method at a seemingly normal pace.

If anyone has encountered this and has a solution, or if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Problem with TitleWindow pop-up load time
          peterent Level 2
          The Flex framework is behaving normally. If you haven't specified a specific width and height then the framework has no idea how to big to make the component. So it has to measure the component which means it also has to measure its children and so forth until all parts have a known size.

So why not do: popup.width = width*.5 and make the calculation yourself?