5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements

Price11 Level 1

How do I compress my video file using adobe premiere elements 12?

• 1. Re: How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the Premiere PRO forum... I will move your message to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links to learn about publish and share options

• 2. Re: How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Price11

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Exporting of the project Timeline is done in the Publish+Share section of the program. Many categories and subcategories, with customization opportunities under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected for many sharing choice.

You will need to detail "...how do I compress my video..."

What is your video source that you want to edit in Premiere Elements 12? What is its properties?

And, what are the requirements for the end product derived from the import, edit, and export of that video source?

For starters, please check out the Premiere Elements 12 Help PDF

http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

and

my very detailed blog post on Premiere Elements 12 First Look (especially the section on Publish+Share)

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 First Look Details

Please review and consider. Do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements
              Price11 Level 1

Thank you I will check out your blog and if I still have questions I will

write back

• 4. Re: How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements
                Price11 Level 1

I'm running premiere elements on Windows 8. The video I'd like to compress is a wedding video with multiple clips videos from up to 615mb. I would just like to put it on a dvd also.

• 5. Re: How do I Compress my video using adobe premiere elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Price11

The first thing that we need to do is to gather the information on the properties of the videos that are going into this project for either export to file saved to the computer hard drive or as content for a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

This information allows us for the setting of the project preset which instructs the program to set up the correct space in the Edit area monitor for editing purposes (so no black borders and such). We could direct you to video properties readout programs for the information, but, as a first pass at this, let us try to gather the information from brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video. What I am looking for is video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio.

Your export to file cannot have a menu, but the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc that you can produce can have menus. There is one exception about file with menu, that is the WebDVD which is in reality a flash file with a menu.

After you do your Edit area work, add or do not add a menu, then it is export time. See

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

disc with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or its PAL counterpart.

Here we want to work with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space". And, you want to pay close attention to the readings for Space Required and Bitrate in the burn dialog.

See how you do gathering the requested information and then we can supply as much detail as you need to get the task accomplished successfully.

Thanks.

ATR