5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2014 10:06 AM by A.T. Romano

Importing music

Yankeefanx6

How do I import music from my music files on my computer to my video in Adobe Premiere?

• 1. Re: Importing music
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Yankeefanx6

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Where is your music coming from (iTunes?), and what is the file extension .mp3, .wav, or other?

In the absence of that information I will generalize...you would import music which Premiere Elements supports and which is unprotected, using the program's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to one of the audio tracks (Audio 1, 2.....or Soundtrack). When you do the import, if you see a progress bar with audio conforming activity in the bottom right of the workspace, let that conforming complete before you move forward in the project.

We will be watching for further details so that we can fine tune our reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Importing music
            Yankeefanx6 Level 1

ATR

Thank you for your response.  We have Adobe Premiere Elements 12  and we have Windows 7.  The Music is coming from iTunes (saved on a thumb drive) and is MPEG-4Audio. 

Thank you again for your help.

• 3. Re: Importing music
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Yankeefanx6

Thanks for the reply.

Using iTunes, convert your music to .wav files. Then import the .wav version into Premiere Elements 12 with its Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Expert workspace Timeline.

In iTunes...

1. Import your music into iTunes "Songs", File Menu/Add File to Library

2. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General Preferences Dialog, and there click on the Import Settings tab.

3. In the Import Settings dialog, set "Import Using" to "WAV Encoder". OK out of there.

4. Back in the iTunes "Songs" workspace, right click your music file in the list and select Create WAV Version.

Then, right click the created WAV version there and select Copy. And, then paste the file to computer desktop or another appropriate hard drive location.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Importing music
                Yankeefanx6 Level 1

Thank you.  This was really helpful.

• 5. Re: Importing music
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Yankeefanx6

Great news.

Glad to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Best wishes.

ATR