• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formal Complaint

New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe 7 Captivate on March 28th, 2014 and Adobe 8 has just became available. I am extremely upset that now I have to spend $299.00 once again to pay for an upgrade; I had to save for an entire year for the 7th edition and Adobe will not let me upgrade with a discount depsite purchasing this on the last lag of the 7th edition.

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While it may make you feel better to have your say here, it will likely have little to no impact as largely these are user-to-user forums and the Adobe folks that DO pop in to help likely don't sit high enough on the food chain to have a lot of influence.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Rick.  If you had adequately researched the product release cycles prior to making the purchase (Wikipedia tracks the release dates) then you would have seen that Captivate versions now get released each year about the middle of the year.  You might also have been wiser to consider the Subscription plan option which actually costs less per year than the upgrade.

Adobe normally has offered some kind of special offer if you purchased the previous version within 30 days of the release of the next version.  Looks like you may have missed out on that by a month or so. 

However, it's not all bad.  You still have a very fine product in Cp7, and there are actually some things that Cp7 does that Cp8 does NOT do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you had adequately researched the product release cycles prior to making the purchase"

Really? I do not expect to have to do such research prior to purchasing, in addition to all the other research I do do to choose the best product.

I agree that this is ridiculous. No way am I going to shell out $$$ for the upgrade. Other companies provide much more before requiring additional purchases. Adobe does this because they can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they definitely CAN bring out a new version every year.  It's turning into a very competitive area of software business and Adobe has chosen to attack it head-on. May the best product win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing better than to let th public know how Adobe handles issues than to post them in a public.  Formal upgrade policies vary by vendor.  Many vendors grant an upgrade within so many days of a purchase.  Some vendors are nice about it.  Maybe you could call Adobe and ask for a supervisor to deal with this.

We avoid vendors that are nasty about this stuff.  If you just purchased it... you can at least ask about an upgrade with customer service.  You can also check the warranty for the product and refunds.  But posting your final resolution on a public forum may actually be doing the public a favor so that people can research this issue and find your comments so that they can make an informed decision.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources