24 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 10:15 AM by A.T. Romano

trouble uploading video

djthedogrocks

my video is 4 min long. when I go to post it says I exceed 20min limit  how is that possible? help

• 1. Re: trouble uploading video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

I am tempted to ask you the classical questions about properties of source media, project preset, YouTube preset used for the upload to YouTube from the Premiere Elements feature, but....

I have a guess as to the problem. If my guess is off, then I will go the conventional Q&A route...

Go back to your Timeline.

Press the End key of the computer  keyboard.

Does the Timeline Indicator go immediately to the end of your Timeline content or does it go directly to further to the right of the Timeline beyond the Timeline content...probably stopping at the 20 minute plus mark of the Timeline.

If that is the case, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline and closely inspect the Timeline tracks and content around where the Timeline Indicator went when you hit the End key.

Delete any debris, slivers, or unwanted file that you find at "End". After the clean up, if any, hit the End key again to assure that it goes directly to the end of your intended Timeline content. Look at the estimated file size and duration in the YouTube export area in your program's sharing section.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: trouble uploading video
            djthedogrocks Level 1

test

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: trouble uploading video
              djthedogrocks Level 1

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer

operating system is it running?

thanks for post. ill start off by saying im not very tech savvy lol with

that said, here are my answers. thanks for the help/. U WERE RIGHT THERE

WAS ONE TINY PIECE OF VIDEO I COULDNT EVEN SEE. NOW IT STOPS AT INTENDED

PLACE  THANK U!!!!

I am tempted to ask you the classical questions about properties of source

media, project preset, YouTube preset used for the upload to YouTube from

the Premiere Elements feature, but....

I have a guess as to the problem. If my guess is off, then I will go the

conventional Q&A route...

Go back to your Timeline.

Press the End key of the computer  keyboard.

Does the Timeline Indicator go immediately to the end of your Timeline

content or does it go directly to further to the right of the Timeline

beyond the Timeline content...probably stopping at the 20 minute plus mark

of the Timeline. YES GOES TO WAY END AROUND 44 MIN

If that is the case, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the

Timeline and closely inspect the Timeline tracks and content around where

the Timeline Indicator went when you hit the End key.

Delete any debris, slivers, or unwanted file that you find at "End". After

the clean up, if any, hit the End key again to assure that it goes directly

to the end of your intended Timeline content. Look at the estimated file

size and duration in the YouTube export area in your program's sharing

section.

Thanks.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Lee Goldberg <leegcirealty@gmail.com>

• 4. Re: trouble uploading video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that you have found the debris beyond the end of the intended Timeline content, you removed it, and are now able to upload your Timeline to YouTube from the Premiere Elements YouTube feature.

This type of thing can happen. Just moving content around on the tracks can leave thin vertical black lines (fragments of clips) scattered around the Timeline track content. Hard to see, even with the Timeline expanded with the - + slider.

Best wishes as you move forward with your projects. Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: trouble uploading video
                  djthedogrocks Level 1

next problem lol twice I tried uploading to facebook. both times after I

waited a long time its says error has occurred try again.. help please

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: trouble uploading video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

For clarification, were you working with Facebook all along? I just assumed that you were trying to upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements feature and made a successful upload there? Or, have you uploaded successfully to YouTube and are now trying to do the same with Facebook?

Whichever is the case, I would try again with Facebook upload from the Premiere Elements feature. Give it more time in the likelihood that it is a Facebook issue on the Facebook side. What you could do in the meanwhile is to export your Timeline to a .mp4 file (See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = one of the MP4 presets.) Then take that export from its hard drive save location and upload it to Facebook at the Facebook web site to determine if it then will upload.

It is late where I am. So, I will follow up on your thread in the morning to learn of your progress.

More later.

ATR

• 7. Re: trouble uploading video
                      djthedogrocks Level 1

much help thank you. but no I wasn't trying FB all along. I did save it as

an mp4 under the save as an iPhone file. what is acvhd

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 8. Re: trouble uploading video
                        djthedogrocks Level 1

also when I save like u said for avchd, I cannot upload to FB, I cannot

email and if I use file sharing website it takes 40 minutes. quality though

looks better. basically I want to be able to edit videos about 5 minutes in

length, and be able to share on fb, youtube and via email. there has to be

one easy way to do it.   how? please and thank you

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Lee Goldberg <leegcirealty@gmail.com>

• 9. Re: trouble uploading video
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

Thanks for the reply.

What type of project have you created in Premiere Elements, a SD or HD one? In other words, what are the properties of what you are putting on the Premiere Elements Timeline and which you want to share to Facebook, YouTube, and email. I have been assuming that you are working with HD project (1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced or progressive frames per second).

In the troubleshooting we need to distinguish between

a. exporting your Timeline to a .mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive, and then uploaded to YouTube or Facebook at the YouTube or Facebook web site

versus

b. uploading your Timeline via the Premiere Elements upload to YouTube or Facebook feature.

Exporting your Timeline to a .mp4 file (with AVCHD video compression)

A 5 minute video presenting with 2 GB or less file size and as AVCHD.mp4 should be expected to meet your goal. This AVCHD is the video compression of the file and can be seen written as MPEG4 AVC/H.264, avi1, or H.264. The .mp4 part is the file extension which represents the file's wrapper/container format that wraps the compression used for the file.

Each of the email providers has its own max file size requirement and other requirements for email sending.

If you got your Timeline to upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site, you should be able to upload it to Facebook at the Facebook web site.as well. Are you saying that, as of this time, you cannot do that? And, if you attempt to email this file, what message are you getting that prevents you from sending the email with the file attached? What email program does your computer use for your email address?

Please review and consider and then we can see where we are in the troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: trouble uploading video
                            djthedogrocks Level 1

thanks for the reply and help.

ok,  ive been going with 1080 @ 25 and in HD. the mp 4 I cannot upload to

fb or yourtube or email. its is like 194,000 kb. the avchd is 700,000 kb

I have not been able to upload directly  to fb from timeline, haven't tried

youtube yet.

the low quality file I can save on pc then email or upload but it looks

like garbage

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 9:46 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 11. Re: trouble uploading video
                              djthedogrocks Level 1

so I tried uploading through wetransfer.com I was told file is not

compatible for it to be uploaded to youtube and I need a .mov  how do I do

this  I don't understand why this is so hard and why adobe would have so

many confusing options. I need HD high quality to upload via email, fb and

youtube  I would think it would be simple lol

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Lee Goldberg <leegcirealty@gmail.com>

• 12. Re: trouble uploading video
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

I do not know this wetransfer dot com, but it must be stating what is related to the way it works, not the way that YouTube works.

YouTube will accept AVCHD.mp4 at its web site. You should be uploading your AVCHD.mp4 at the YouTube web site.

Go to the YouTube web site

http://www.youtube.com

Top right of the YouTube home page

Sign in

Hit the Upload button and follow the instructions to upload you video.

For now, I would take this wetransfer out of the equation.

Go to the Facebook web site

And do your uploading there.

I do not use Facebook, but I have worked with YouTube extensively and know first hand what works for me and others.

Please let me know more details. You should not be experiencing any problems in this regard.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On

In the next post, in a few minutes, I will post the details for a H.264.mov file that you can use as well for these uploads.

• 13. Re: trouble uploading video
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

I do not recall if you mentioned what version of Premiere Elements that you are using. For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12 Windows 64 bit.

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

and Presets = PAL DV 16:9 (if you are in PAL setup)

then under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, set for 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second.

Should look like

QuickTime.JPG

Note that I have clicked in the box to the right of Width & Height to remove the chain link in the box. This allows me to

type in the 1920 Width and 1080 Height. You should do fine with the .mp4 from the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD route and not need this Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime route.

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

If screenshot is blurred, please click on it to bring up a clearer view.

• 14. Re: trouble uploading video
                                    djthedogrocks Level 1

question, cant remember iff I asked this. how do I say to a .mov file?

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 15. Re: trouble uploading video
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedougrocks

To save to a .mov file, use

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

However, you may not have seen that option to which I pointed in my post numbered 13.

When you go to Publish+Share/Computer/ many only see

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVCHD

and think that is all there is.

More...but you have to scroll down the list to see the rest. See the thin vertical scroll bar to the right of the list. Scrolling you will see the rest

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

QuickTimeExport.JPG

Note the scroll bar to the right of the list. Also, note the Advanced Button under the Save in: field. Clicking on that gets you to the Video Tab where you customize the preset as I have shown in the screenshot in post13.

Please review the above. If needed, please ask for clarification on anything written.

Thanks

ATR

• 16. Re: trouble uploading video
                                        djthedogrocks Level 1

Going to look into this. I think I candle that lol. So QuickTime should allow me to save to mov and upload and share via email or web?

Sent from my iPhone

• 17. Re: trouble uploading video
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

H.264.mov should upload to YouTube, Facebook same as H.264.mp4, and probably do all the rest that you want of it within limits.

Typically H.264.mp4 gives the better results. Let us see how you do with the H.264.mov.

Depending on your results, bitrate changes can be made in the export settings before export. But there is a trade off - greater the bitrate, the greater the quality, but the larger the file size. So, you need to find the compromise between bitrate and file size. That applies to H.264.mp4 and H.264.mov.

ATR

• 18. Re: trouble uploading video
                                            djthedogrocks Level 1

so you are saying h.264.mo4 to save to not quicktime? however I did try

quicktime and said I don't have authorized component info

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 19. Re: trouble uploading video
                                              djthedogrocks Level 1

where do I find that. I don't see it

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Lee Goldberg <leegcirealty@gmail.com>

• 20. Re: trouble uploading video
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12 Windows?

If you do, could you post a screenshot of the message that you are getting about "authorized component information"?

If you do not have the latest version of QuickTime installed, then do that since it is a requirement for several exports. Specifically you will not have any presets under

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime.

Apple - QuickTime - Download

Anything that you export under

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

will have a file extension of .mov. Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, you can customized the video compression (codec) so that you can have different .mov files. For example, H.264.mov, DV.mov, etc  We are going with H.264.mov if you want a .mov file with a preferred video compression.

If you export

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

depending on the preset that you select you can have a file with a file extension of .m2t or .mp4. AVCHD would be the video compression that goes with the .m2t or .mp4 file extension. We are going with the H.264 (AVCHD).mp4 if you want a .mp4 file with a preferred video compression.

Are you OK on that information.

What are you referring to when you wrote in post 19,

where do I find that. I don't see it

Can you find AVCHD and QuickTime choices under Publish+Share/Computer? Did you find the scroll bar?

ScrollBarPointedTo.JPG

ATR

• 21. Re: trouble uploading video
                                                  djthedogrocks Level 1

Got it thanks. Very helpful. Yes I believe i need to install it. Will do

Sent from my iPhone

• 22. Re: trouble uploading video
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

I just noticed that I could have done better on the screenshot in post 20.

The intent of the screenshot was to point to the QuickTime Panel and the scroll bar to get to the QuickTime Panel choice. I did that.

But, I forgot to click on QuickTime. Consequentyl the details that you are seeing in the lower part of that screenshot (Presets etc) are those for the choice at the topic of the list, Adobe Flash Video. The better version of that screenshot would have been what I posted in post 15.

ATR

• 23. Re: trouble uploading video
                                                      djthedogrocks Level 1

How do I screenshot

Sent from my iPhone

• 24. Re: trouble uploading video
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

djthedogrocks

Not sure if you have not said or I am just missing it, but what is the computer operating system on which you are running Premiere Elements?

If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, you should have the "Snipping Tool"

Microsoft Windows Snipping tool

With this tool selected, you can draw out the area of a page whose content you want to capture and then save the screen capture to jpeg or other format. Try to keep the screen capture not to exceed 1000 pixels on the longest side.

So, save your Snipping Tool screen capture as jpeg to computer hard drive.

Go to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, Sign In, go to the thread to which you want to reply and include your screenshot. After you hit Reply to a post and the message box opens for your reply, look to the top of the message box for the camera icon (Insert Image). Click on that camera icon. When that opens, browse to and select the saved Snipping Tool screen capture. Hit Insert Image in the Select Image dialog.

There is always the Print Screen Key of the computer keyboard for copy, followed by a paste in Photoshop Elements document to be saved as JPEG. But, the Snipping Tool should be available, easy, and convenient to use.

Please review the above and then let us know if any of it worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR