7 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 12:59 PM by Nancy OShea

Case #0212856489

ProWebAvenue

I was getting help for this issue; however, the issue was not fully resolved.  Having trouble with Fireworks now and Dreamweaver is still not the same.  I was told to delete a item, think this may be the issue.  The issue was never fully resolved, Dreamweaver and Fireworks are still not working correctly.  Tried to uninstall, to reinstall, cannot even do that?????????  Not sure what is going on?  The programs crash or freeze and slows all work.  I can only save Firework items three times, then it send a error message about not having permissions.  Really screwed up.  Dreamweaver just keeps crashing and freezing, programs, after the help seem to have gotten worse.

• 1. Re: Case #0212856489
          Ken Binney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user-to-user Forum.  You will not get much help with a vague list of abstract complaints like this

ProWebAvenue wrote:

Having trouble ??? with Fireworks

Dreamweaver is still not the same ???

I was told to delete an item ???

think this ??? may be the issue ???

The issue ??? was never fully resolved,

Dreamweaver and Fireworks are still not working correctly???

Tried to uninstall, to reinstall, cannot even do that ???

Sure sounds like an uninstall/reinstall may be needed. Would you care to tell us what happens when you try?

Is there an existing thread in this Forum you can show us a link?

• 2. Re: Case #0212856489
            ProWebAvenue Level 1

Hi

The software crashes or freezes.  Fireworks will only let me save an item twice, after that, I get an error message that tells me I do not have permission to save that item because it is locked, so then have to save into a different folder or directory, crazy.

When trying to uninstall in control panel, will not open the uninstall, think some kind of permission problem.

I may just do a system restore back to how the computer was purchased, then install all programs again.............  See if that works first.  None of the other programs are doing this; however, just Adobe, so not sure what happened, just started working like this out of the blue.............?

I am going into a long meeting this morning, so can only work on it in the afternoon.

Thanks for replying...........

Tracey

Sent from Samsung tablet

• 3. Re: Case #0212856489
              Ken Binney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

We'll be here

• 4. Re: Case #0212856489
                Preran Adobe Employee

Hi ProWebAvenue,

I see from  your notes that you are using Dreamweaver CS4 which is not covered under support. I found a few solutions on this forum that could help you.

Re: Dreamweaver CS4 Constantly Crashes On Startup With Mac OSX 10.5.6

Re: Dreamweaver CS4 Crashing Constantly

You can also use the search option on this forum for "Dreamweaver cs4 crash" for more solutions.

Thanks,

Preran

• 5. Re: Case #0212856489
                  Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

<When trying to uninstall in control panel, will not open the uninstall, think some kind of permission problem.>

Have you tried creating a new admin-level user account (a superuser with full-read & write permissions) on your operating system?

Nancy O.

• 6. Re: Case #0212856489
                    ProWebAvenue Level 1

Hi,

No, how do I do that????????

Super thanks

Tracey

• 7. Re: Case #0212856489
                      Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Depends on your operating system.

You might check your operating system's help.

Nancy O.