9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2014 8:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Bluray ISO-file

UNO44

Is it possible to burn an iso-file in premiere elements12?

• 1. Re: Bluray ISO-file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

UNO44

On what computer operating system are you using Premiere Elements 12? If other than Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, you might consider the Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements. Please refer to full details in

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

Any questions or need claification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Bluray ISO-file
            UNO44 Level 1

In Premiere elem.12 I have selected making a bluray disc. Phantomburner is selected - status should say ready but instead it says: "There is no media".

• 3. Re: Bluray ISO-file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

UNO44

Thanks for the reply and the opportunity to clarify your use of the Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements 12 burn to Blu-ray in order to produce the Blu-ray disc image.

The critical question is "On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12?"

As stated in the blog post (already cited), I have not gotten the specific combo of Phantom Burner Premiere Elements 12 to work when the computer operating system is Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit. Premiere Elements 12 works fine in this instance on Windows 7 64 bit. The technique fails with the combo of Phantom Burner Premiere Elements Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit with Status = Media Not Present.

Please tell us the computer operating system on which you are running Premiere Elements 12.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                UNO44 Level 1

I use Win7 64bit.

• 5. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

UNO44

Thanks for the reply.

Phantom Burner 2.0 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit should have worked for you to give you the Blu-ray disc image. You should not have gotten Status = Media Not Present. For cross reference, my Windows 7 is Windows 7 Professional SP2 64 bit.

I am assuming that you downloaded Phantom Burner from the link in the blog post cited earlier for Phantom Burner Premiere Elements information.

When you set up for the Phantom Burner Create Image, you selected Media = BD-RE and obtained the Premiere Elements 12 burn dialog's Status = Media Not Present. For troubleshooting purposes, please set up Phantom Burner Create Image, setting Media = DVD+RW. When you get to Premiere Elements 12, use Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with the burner location set for the Phantom Burner. Do you get Status = Ready or Status = Media Not Present?

Depending on your answer, we may try for an uninstall and reinstall of the Phantom Burner. Do you have any other virtual burners installed on your computer?

We will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 6. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                    UNO44 Level 1

I use win7 home 64bit.

Sorry I did not know how to correctly use the Phantom burner. Now it works to make an ISO-file and I have also been able to read it with Nero blurayplayer.

However when I try to burn a bluray-disc out of the ISO-file I have no success.

Which burner can do that? I have tried ”windows disc image burner” and ”Nero burner 2014” but they cannot do it.

I have earlier used Nero to make my bluray-image and discs and they were very easy to create. However some other errors in the video appeared which made me decide to try premiere.

• 7. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

UN044

If you want to burn the Phantom Burner Premiere Elements 12 Blu-ray disc image to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, you should be able to do that with ImgBurn or Nero. In the blog post, I used ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 and Nero 9.

The details for taking the Phantom Burner Premiere Elements 12 Blu-ray disc image to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc are described in the blog post already cited

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Disc Image/Phantom Burner & PE

Here is an example as clarification for your task...

a. You produce your Blu-ray disc image (as .iso) with Phantom Burner Premiere Elements 12 combo on Windows 7 64 bit. You should get a device error at end. Ignore it. Click yes to the Cancel request. Close out of there and go to the save location that you designated for the file. You will find it there OK, but represented as 2 files: one ending with VDD.001 and the other with just .iso. You are going to use only the file ending with .iso.

b. Before the rest, go to Computer/Phantom Burner drive, and right click the drive followed by Eject.

c. Then open ImgBurn.

Click on Write Image File to Disc choice.

File Menu/Browse for source .iso file use Supported Files or All Files (whichever works for you to see the file at its hard drive save location). Once it is imported into ImgBurn, hit the Write button at the bottom of the workspace (disc with a red graphic on it). Wait for the process to go to completion. Toward the end of the process, the burner tray will open automatically and then close. You will probably see a note "cycling tray before verifying". Do not do anything until you get the successfully completed message which is usually accompanied by some sound that sounds like off to the horse races.

More details will be supplied as needed.

I am almost sure that Nero 14 can be used for this task, but I have only Nero 9 and that worked for me as an alternative to get the Blu-ray disc image to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Please review and then we can decide what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                        UNO44 Level 1

Yes, Nero 14 can be used to create a bluray-disc based on this image from Premiere.

I must say that is is a rather complicated way of doing such iso-files and later a disc. It also seems that it does not work each time. It works better with dvd than bluray.

I really would prefer if Premiere El 12 was able to make an iso-file. Hope this will be possible next time it is updated.

Therefore I prefer to use Nero video 14 with the errors I receive (no sound to menus). This is because Nero can make iso-files in a much simpler way.

• 9. Re: Bluray ISO-file
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

UNO44

Thanks for the update.

Premiere Elements has never had an export as disc image, but... I am strictly an Elements Windows user in stating that. I read that at least one version of Premiere Elements Mac (Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the MacApp Store) offered a disc image export in its burn to section.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor * Sharing to DVD or Blu-ray Disc

Right now for me the Phantom Burner Premiere Elements Windows route to the Blu-ray disc image appears to be the most viable.

But, I am glad that you are able to use Nero 14 for your purposes.

We will keep watch for further developments in Premiere Elements disc image opportunities moving forward.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR