• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I getting '500 Internal server error' after installing CF 10?

New Here ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not able to get to CF admin after installing CF 10. I am getting a '500 internal server error' along with the following message. How do I get around it? Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung Lee

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) 

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:82) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.23 logs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI xsinner72,

ColdFusion and IIS both should have same bitness. If CF is installed in 64-bit mode, then change the App pool (Enable 32 bit applications” set to false) under Advanced Settings. Remove the connector and recreate it.

Once done, launch command prompt as administrator and try iisreset command. Now you can test your site/CF Admin.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit,

Thanking your for your reply. The 'enable 32-bit application' was already default to false. When you say 'remove the connector', do you mean delete the site's app pool?

Best regards,

Chung Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chung,

ColdFusion and IIS both should have same bitness. Can you confirm this?

To remove/recreate the connector. Launch the Web Server Configuration Tool as admin, from the Start>>All Programs menu, and delete the existing connector and then recreate it.

xsinner72 wrote:

The 'enable 32-bit application' was already default to false. When you say 'remove the connector', do you mean delete the site's app pool?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit,

Both ColdFusion and IIS are 64-bit.

I have removed and recreated the connector. This time I am getting 'the service is unavailable' error. Am I getting close? Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes definitely. The initial issue was due to a bad connector (seems like).  For Service unavailable, can you refer to ColdFusion 11 IIS Connector Tuning — Adobe ColdFusion Blog. This blog holds good for both ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion 11.

xsinner72 wrote:

Hello Anit,

Both ColdFusion and IIS are 64-bit.

I have removed and recreated the connector. This time I am getting 'the service is unavailable' error. Am I getting close? Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit,

I have just tried the connector tuning couple of times by following instructions on the blog. I am using the Case# 1 setting on the blog. I am still getting 'the service is unavailable' error. Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your worker.properties?

Can you also check, what is the error you are getting in exception.log?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

The following is from the workers.properties:

worker.list=cfusion

worker.cfusion.type=ajp13

worker.cfusion.host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx (My work does not allow me to reveal IP address.)

worker.cfusion.port=8012

worker.cfusion.max_reuse_connections=250

worker.cfusion.connection_pool_size=500

worker.cfusion.connection_pool_timeout=60

As for the exception log, it's showing the following:

"Error","pool-2-thread-1","06/02/14","13:00:00",,"Unable to initialise Monitoring service: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class coldfusion.featurerouter.FeatureRouter"

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class coldfusion.featurerouter.FeatureRouter

at coldfusion.server.CFService.setupMonitoringService(CFService.java:464)

at coldfusion.server.CFService.start(CFService.java:671)

at coldfusion.server.j2ee.CFStartUpServlet.startCFService(CFStartUpServlet.java:110)

at coldfusion.server.j2ee.CFStartUpServlet.init(CFStartUpServlet.java:86)

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5001)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5278)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1525)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1515)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

"Warning","Thread-10","06/02/14","13:00:00",,"Graphing service is unavailable"

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.graph.GraphingServiceImpl.setUpWatermark(GraphingServiceImpl.java:220)

at coldfusion.graph.GraphingServiceImpl._initializeGraphingEngine(GraphingServiceImpl.java:144)

at coldfusion.graph.GraphingServiceImpl.access$300(GraphingServiceImpl.java:40)

at coldfusion.graph.GraphingServiceImpl$2.run(GraphingServiceImpl.java:125)

"Error","Thread-12","06/02/14","13:00:01",,"The Runtime service is not available. This exception is usually caused by service startup failure. Check your server configuration."

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available.

at coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory.getRuntimeService(ServiceFactory.java:117)

at coldfusion.document.DocumentServiceImpl.initializeDocumentService(DocumentServiceImpl.java:219)

at coldfusion.document.DocumentServiceImpl.access$000(DocumentServiceImpl.java:52)

at coldfusion.document.DocumentServiceImpl$1.run(DocumentServiceImpl.java:180)

--Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be analyzed in more detail. Can you send an email to cfinstal<AT>adobe<DOT>com, making a reference to this thread.

Regards,

ANit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do, Anit. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Chung Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation