1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2014 10:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Project won't open

SERPPIE

I recorded my grandson' Easter play and imported, edited and saved it. I played it back several times and it worked perfectly. I tried to open this and ANY project in my saved files today and each time a message comes up saying that "This type of file is not supported" - even though Adobe saved it! "or the "or the required codec is not installed". What is happening and have I lost my recording? Can anyone help please?

• 1. Re: Project won't open
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SERPPIE

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Where have you saved your saved/closed projects? If an external hard drive is involved, has the drive letter of that drive changed since you saved/closed these project files that will not open?

After you saved closed them, did you move, delete, or rename files and/or folders that were imported into the project when it was created?

We can customize the troubleshooting to your specific details. But, you may want to review the Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects.

Troubleshoot damaged projects | Adobe Premiere Elements

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR