2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 11:19 AM by Curtislee

Photoshop CS5 & (64bit)

Curtislee

Using Photoshop CS5 with Windows 7.

If I open my photoshop cs5 from a desktop short cut I get it from Programs Files/Adobe/Photoshop CS5 (64bit) which will not work with some of my old plugins,

Having placed a short cut of the other photoshop cs5 onto desktop which opens from Programs Files (x86)/Adobe/Photoshop CS5, this has my older versions of plugins stored.

What I wish to do is to be able to right click on an image and open it with  Adobe/Photoshop CS5. at the moment if I right click on an image I only get one choice PS CS5 64bit.

I don't wish to use the default setting as this will only allow me to open my image in first instance in PS, at the moment I prefer to open in windows media so I can make my mind up what I wish to do with the image.

Any ideas please.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5 & (64bit)
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The only thing I can think of to try is only one PS can be open at a time so if you want to open an image in PS-32bit then open PS-32bit prior to right-clicking and opening in PS, so that right-click-open will use the existing PS-32bit you’ve already opened.  If you want things opened in PS-64bit then make sure no PS-32bit is open before choosing to open in PS.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5 & (64bit)
            Curtislee Level 1

Thank you, Just tried that, works and that's a good idea, would have liked to have been able to perform the action differently, but I can get used to that. Many thanks.